Our partner

Help for Suicidal Narcissistic Relationship Abuse Victim

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Help for Suicidal Narcissistic Relationship Abuse Victim

Postby HotPepper » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:55 am

Hello,

I could not find proper forum section to post this in.
So if you think there is a more appropriate section for this, please move this thread.

My friend has been 6.5 years in a relationship with cluster B narcissistic personality disorder man.
They got divorced not long ago but the effects of abuse are there.
What is common between narcissistic relationship abuse victims, is that they or most of them end up being suicidal and can't see beyond that despite it's a state of mind that will change if they decide to go the path of recovery. But it is up to them to be willing to do the inner work and it's a process that takes time.

First problem with my friend is that she just does not want to be here. She saw the worst of humanity, she saw how most of people in this world are bad, that life only gets worse. And even things like you need to work on a job that you hate to make ends meet. She just does not think living is worth it. There is no reason to exist when you can not exist. Existence is pain and dying solves all the problems as she says. Second problem is that her entire life there were moments when she thought about suicide and thought she will die of suicide. This is something that she uses to justify suicide too. Third problem is that she has serious sleep problems and this affects her thinking in my opinion.

I don't know how to talk with her. This is a difficult situation and she leans toward every little thing she finds negative. Can anyone help? Preferably those who have been through narcissistic relationship and recovered in the end?

Thanks.
HotPepper
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help for Suicidal Narcissistic Relationship Abuse Victim

Postby floatingtree » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:41 am

I haven't been in a narcissistic relationship but I've had narcissistic friends, relatives, co-workers and so on.

There's a website called PTSD Spirituality which is good reading when you're feeling down.
http://www.ptsdspirituality.com/2016/10 ... -vampires/

Personally I prefer peer-support to "professional help" but everyone's different. If your friend has any addictions then support groups can be very helpful (even online ones). I don't know about narcissistic abuse support groups but that's a possibility too.
floatingtree
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:04 am
Blog: View Blog (12)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post