Our partner

Reflecting back peoples emotions / no filter

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Reflecting back peoples emotions / no filter

Postby DoDecaDon » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum. I have realized recently that I reflect back peoples emotions towards me, if they are feeling angry I will start feeling angry etc.

My personality can feel highjacked at times. I have been diagnosed with A.D.D but could this be due to something else?

I really struggle to take back control of my emotions again, especially if the person is angry/abusive.
DoDecaDon
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Reflecting back peoples emotions / no filter

Postby FreshGuy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:48 pm

I think this is just the normal. As the saying goes ‘misery loves company’
FreshGuy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:42 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Reflecting back peoples emotions / no filter

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:50 am

Some people with RAD, complex-PTSD, other trauma, and/or BPD can experience similar things
Being conditioned for codependency may lead to it as well

If you aren't familiar with it, it may be worth looking up DBT mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal skills.
There's lots of info on how to apply these things if you Google online and from what I recall there's a YouTube channel called dbt peer connections (and maybe even a website) that goes over these things relatively well
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use."  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post