Our partner

COVID 19

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

COVID 19

Postby My_Realization » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:46 am

I work in a hospital and I deal with COVID rule-out/positive patients administratively... a lot of employees have declined to show up to work by calling out or they refuse to work the COVID floor... I'm there without fear because its my job. I have my fears but at the same time, sadly, I don't have anyone waiting for me at home. If I met my demise, it would only be just me. It hurts because although we risk ourselves daily throughout these hard times, many assume I have someone, but I don't.

I ensure everyone has their needs met, including contacts with their loved ones via ipad/phone calls since visitors aren't allowed. What worries me is that while doing my job, I catch the virus and I am admitted...with no one listed for me. its like my most vulnerable insecurity or being alone is visible to everyone.

be safe everyone!
---
My_Realization, Age 37/Female
Diagnosis: Borderline Personality Disorder
PTSD, Clinical Depression & Anxiety

Diagnosed: May 2014
Citalopram Hydrobromide 20 mg/daily
Lamotrigine 200mg/daily
My_Realization
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:12 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: COVID 19

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:31 am

Hugs, My_Realization, you really have it tough if something were to happen to you. Please do your best to stay safe.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (113)

Postby NewSunRising » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:04 am

I also want to add my hopes that you come through this OK and my sincere gratitude to you and your fellow first responders and front line fighters . The world is a better place because of you and what you do . We cannot thank you enough . Please know that all of you are in the thoughts and prayers of the world today , and in the days to come .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:00 pm

My_Realization wrote:I work in a hospital and I deal with COVID rule-out/positive patients administratively... a lot of employees have declined to show up to work by calling out or they refuse to work the COVID floor... I'm there without fear because its my job. I have my fears but at the same time, sadly, I don't have anyone waiting for me at home. If I met my demise, it would only be just me. It hurts because although we risk ourselves daily throughout these hard times, many assume I have someone, but I don't.

I ensure everyone has their needs met, including contacts with their loved ones via ipad/phone calls since visitors aren't allowed. What worries me is that while doing my job, I catch the virus and I am admitted...with no one listed for me. its like my most vulnerable insecurity or being alone is visible to everyone.

be safe everyone!

How are things now? I have family, 3 girls. Doesn't matter, you are still very important and it is fearful to hear of stories of frontline workers such as you, get the virus.

Bipolar I
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby My_Realization » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 am

Thanks to all for the support. Although a front line worker, I am more hurt that if I were to get sick, I don't have a next of kin, significant other to call upon. No one. I do have friends of course, but who's to say that type of love won't be tested and you see your friends who you thought were there for you, would be? Wrong time to learn the hard way. So, I wouldn't put them in that situation. I simply come home after work, shower and stay busy.

Thus far in the hospital where I work, 19 employees have it, or at least that's the number they're telling us. Times like these make me wish I could just come home after a long day and vent about the daily chaos of employees not wanting to show up, others who do show up - having to work harder to make up for the shortage and of course, seeing the people around in the hospital beds...It's a crazy moment in our generation. When I am in a better mood, I wake up and appreciate seeing the sun another day. When I am not in the best mood, I sit and sulk about being in this alone. If I died, you know how'd they find out? Probably when the bank comes to take the house. How many months would that be??

I have suffered majority of my life with depression. This covid19 is just showing me how little time we have to waste.

Everyone, front line or not...I hope the impact is little to none. If it is, I empathize. Just hug and kiss your significant other/family as though your life depends on it. Bc...you just never know! I wish everyone well.
---
My_Realization, Age 37/Female
Diagnosis: Borderline Personality Disorder
PTSD, Clinical Depression & Anxiety

Diagnosed: May 2014
Citalopram Hydrobromide 20 mg/daily
Lamotrigine 200mg/daily
My_Realization
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:04 am

My_Realization wrote: Everyone, front line or not...I hope the impact is little to none. If it is, I empathize. Just hug and kiss your significant other/family as though your life depends on it. Bc...you just never know! I wish everyone well.

I take this to heart. Thank you. And thank you for everything you do. I will appreciate my loved ones even more so, because it's just nice to be reminded of this.

Bipolar I
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum