Our partner

COVID19

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

COVID19

Postby Tyler » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:12 pm

So as you all know by now, COVID19, also known as the Corona virus, is hitting the entire planet pretty hard right now. I personally have to keep working because I am an essential employee, according to not only my country, but my state. Some other people aren't as lucky, and have either been laid off because of it, or are forced to go without pay because of it.

It's important that you practice good sanitary living while this pandemic is going on. Wash your hands for twenty seconds with soap and water. If soap and water are not available where you're at, hand sanitizer also works, but soap and water is recommended before it.

Another thing that is recommended is what is being called "Social distancing". What that means is that you're supposed to stay six feet away from people, and have no physical contact with them. I'm a guy that shakes people's hands. I haven't been. Don't touch elbows either. That's what we used to do at work, but we're not doing it now.

There are other things you can do to stay safe. Cough or sneeze into your elbow instead of your hand. Don't share food or drinks with others, things like that.

It's okay to be afraid of this because it is scary. There's no such thing as being too cautious when dealing with this, and if anyone tells you there is, don't listen to them.

There are only three symptoms for this virus, and they're shortness of breath, coughing, and a fever. They can come up two to fourteen days after exposure, and from the words of people who have had it and recovered, it comes fast and hard. If you are experiencing these symptoms, quarantine yourself, and do not have contact with anyone, with maybe the exception of medical professionals. Instead of going to the emergency room, call the hospital, and ask what you should do.

Stay safe everyone, and remember, we're all in this together.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: COVID19

Postby Wally58 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:07 am

The Virus can start out without any apparent symptoms also.

I remember wanting to help in times like these, but feeling helpless about the situation and not knowing what I could do to help as an individual. :shock:

The Red Cross needs blood donations badly. That is one way I can help people. It may be a 'drop in the bucket', but it will help me feel better having done something instead of nothing.
If you have never donated before, it is something you might consider doing to help others. The facilities are sterile and the staff is great.

I have a bad feeling that this pandemic is going to get worse before it gets better. Stay well. Stay safe. Remain calm and alert to your surroundings.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” :D
― Fred Rogers
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Snaga » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:23 pm

It is very scary... we will at my house, be dropping going out for much of anything, very quickly over this week- there are no local cases (yet) but that is sure to change.

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:06 am

Postby Manners73 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:20 pm

It is a $#%^ situation for everyone.

My office has closed today so I'll be working from home for the foreseeable.

Stay safe everyone.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum