Our partner

obsession about geometric shapes

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

obsession about geometric shapes

Postby Maciek » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:47 am

hi, when I was younger, I was obsessed with first rectangle, square straight line, always when I had any problem abut I was obsessive thinking, when I though that it is not so important, because there is straight line. So this line (or rectangle or square) was very important form me. When I had doubts, that those line is possible to exist, I felt in panic. is that any disorder/ mental illness? How common are those disorders?
Maciek
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: obsession about geometric shapes

Postby Wally58 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 am

When I was younger, I had a strong awareness of symmetry. Things being equal on both sides. I had to treat both sides of my body the same as well. For instance, if I scratched or bruised one arm or leg, I tried to match the injury on the other side.
I eventually grew out of doing this as it wasn't that important anymore.
I think that we can go through exploratory magical thinking about these things when growing up. I remember the way I felt from 50 years ago, but don't consider them a disorder as they are in the past and no longer relevant. Maybe just a mild case of juvenile OCD?
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post