Our partner

Misunderstood

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Misunderstood

Postby Manners73 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:06 pm

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not feeling sorry for myself (well maybe just a little).

Sometimes I feel like I'm the most misunderstood person in the world.

It's like what I'm trying to portray just isn't translating and people see something quite hideous. I do understand that some of it is probably my own insecurity and paranoia because I do have a lot to hide.

The thing is though, people don't know what it is that I'm hiding and what I'm hiding doesn't make me intrinsically bad or good it just means I've had to survive.

I'd rather be understood on these terms than misunderstood for what ever it is they imagine me to be.

I hope you understand my plight.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Misunderstood

Postby quietgirl2538 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:49 pm

I may not totally know what you mean, but I understand wanting to be understood. I have bipolar I, where I can get manic and severely depressed. It may seem such a terrible thing, but I tell others (to myself) try being me for one day and see how well you do. :shock: Maybe they will not necessarily feel sorry for me, but be a bit educated and supportive, and kind, instead of see me as bad.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (103)

Postby Manners73 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:27 pm

I'd have to dare someone to walk in my shoes. It'd have to be for more than a day though.

I don't even see myself as having had a particularly hard life. If anything I've had a blast for the most part but I've had to survive. I've had to do and I still do do things that a lot of my female colleagues would absolutely be disgusted with and that's the thing.

Mmmmm I think I've just came to my own conclusion.

Thank you quietgirl.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:30 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:23 am

Here on the forum, you seem quite authentic and levelheaded.

Regardless of whatever it is you hide, from your posts, you also sound like you put some genuine effort into your life --- more than I see a lot of people do actually.

I find it unfortunate that you don't sound like you have appreciation for that, and I hope I'm incorrect in thinking this, otherwise, perhaps you misunderstand yourself.

_______

On a tangent, of misunderstood

In real life, people have high expectations of me, but they don't care how much it costs me to function like a "normal" human being (nor could they comprehend even if they wanted to).

With little or no reward/appreciation, I tend to stop trying or caring.
Then they get angry, passive-aggressive, or punishing.
Then I get angry and bitter, and become even more disengaged.
Then they retaliate.
Then I start blowing up my bridges.

I'm working on not burning my bridges in real life.
It's difficult and I can't say I'm overly successful.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:30 pm

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:08 pm

Manners73 wrote:I'd have to dare someone to walk in my shoes. It'd have to be for more than a day though.

I don't even see myself as having had a particularly hard life. If anything I've had a blast for the most part but I've had to survive. I've had to do and I still do do things that a lot of my female colleagues would absolutely be disgusted with and that's the thing.

Mmmmm I think I've just came to my own conclusion.

Thank you quietgirl.

Late reply. Been working a lot. The holidays are super busy for me.

I'm glad you've come to your own conclusion. I don't have to answer to anyone. My life is my life. I know you know this already. Take care. quietgirl
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (103)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum