Our partner

How do you assimilate with Normals at your place of employ?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Re: How do you assimilate with Normals at your place of employ?

Postby thegentlepath » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi poxalis,

It’s true, often walking away & starting over somewhere else is one’s best course of action. I’ve been there more than once. Thank you for your input.
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:42 am
Blog: View Blog (103)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do you assimilate with Normals at your place of employ?

Postby thegentlepath » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:32 pm

handsomejaack wrote:Focus on my work
Being bipolar gives me a huge advantage over the "normals" i have a lazer focus and energy for days in a small period of mania i secured 2 new positions and got employee of the month.
i use my bipolar as a tool, when it works good its really good
But
These obsessive focus and tunnel visions can lead me to be so hyped to learn new things and excell and as obsessive as i get i know in a week...a day....or even and hour that focus can go away just as fast,( its like "ok im over it..lets move on") so you have to take advantage of that window and just do your thing let the bipolar take you to new heights, but realize it can leave you so grab it and ride it.
I use that focus to fool the bosses into thinking im really passionate about my work when really its just an excuse to avoid contact as much as i can with the "normals"
My disorder isnt a set back its a tool that needs to be harnessed, being "normal" like them would lead to a very boring life..
thats how i cope at work with the "normals"

Hi handsomejaack,

I’m just seeing your response. I 100% agree about harnessing that energy. We might as well derive all the benefits we can from being the way we are. The world needs us & our strengths as much as we get crap for our perceived weaknesses. Thank you for sharing.
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:42 am
Blog: View Blog (103)

Previous

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post