Our partner

Complex PTSD/trauma - help

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Complex PTSD/trauma - help

Postby snookiebookie » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:17 am

I'm struggling with complex PTSD

I've had at therapy. Lots of it including EMDR and CBT.

I've tried meds. Many kinds over many years. Didn't work

I look after myself. I exercise. I journal and do CBT exercises. I meditate. Do yoga. Try to eat healthy. I try not to avoid (I work but don't have friends and struggle with intense social anxiety). I take vitamins.

I don't fully dissociate, but I'm rarely fully present. I have maladaptive day dreaming. I feel like I'm remote controlling my body and separate/different to those around me.

I'm constantly hypervigilant. Super-sensitive and easily triggered. Whilst I've made progress and understand my condition, I rarely feel safe or settled, or happy.

Help...
No official DX but I still struggle with mental health issues constantly.
Symptoms of Social and Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
Strongly identify with Avoidant Personality Disorder.
Feel that I possibly have some kind of emotional trauma/Complex PTSD.
snookiebookie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Complex PTSD/trauma - help

Postby OMNICELL » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:31 am

I completely understand; I do allot of writing on CPTSD Facebook clubs; keeps me busy; keeps me giving; isolation is a killer; friends! Im working with the laws of attraction; its helped. I have to learn how to visualize a bit more specific.
Loneliness is what I fight; keeping myself busy while I see a world outside that has direction, things, and people around them; people that believe in them and respect them; while Im on the outside of the world.
As I said; Im working LOA to attempt to create new stories about myself in the outside world; I would love to be places Im not judged that I can fit in.
Does this help; probably not; Im not sure I have an answer for this; CPTSD is a tuff thing; it destroyed me socially and the ability to create things; finish things; have a purpose to finish things and feel like Im giving it to a safe world. I hate giving anything to this world; I dont want to be destroyed again and again. Being in an isolation prison is not helping. Whats my purpose; what ever it is; its not to be alone; thats killing me; I do great with a loving family; a high class group of people of high values. We will see. Thought I would share.
Dissociative Disorder
CPTSD
AVPD; Social avoidance
Previous/Psychotic clinical Depression
agoraphobia
obsessive/compulsive disorder
Evolution didn't stop my death, God did .....Now what?
OMNICELL
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (948)

Postby Ubinix800 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:42 am

Well I'm sort of in the same boat as you, I relate to a lot of what you wrote without going into details.
What about MDMA therapy? I heard that's one treatment for cptsd. I've been doing TRE occasionally, but I need to work on being fully grounded first before I do it again, as there is a very real risk of being re-traumatized, could look into that. Have had some success with it, but it's a bit hit or miss; tightness in the psoas is one sign that trauma is stuck in the body, from what I understand.

Even still, I think latent cptsd/what ever the name is for something similar, is mainly caused by repeated boundary violations, subtle emotional abuse in the context of a relationship. Then again even persistent emotional abuse could have an effect on someone that resembles cptsd without being that, you know if that's any piece of mind.
BDD and vulnerable narcissism/avpd traits.
Ubinix800
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby star dust » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 am

Hi I don’t know the answer but I’m also struggling with all the above in my own personal way of experiencing the horror that is cptsd.

Hugs.

-- Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 am --

Ubinix800 wrote:Well I'm sort of in the same boat as you, I relate to a lot of what you wrote without going into details.
What about MDMA therapy? I heard that's one treatment for cptsd. I've been doing TRE occasionally, but I need to work on being fully grounded first before I do it again, as there is a very real risk of being re-traumatized, could look into that. Have had some success with it, but it's a bit hit or miss; tightness in the psoas is one sign that trauma is stuck in the body, from what I understand.

Even still, I think latent cptsd/what ever the name is for something similar, is mainly caused by repeated boundary violations, subtle emotional abuse in the context of a relationship. Then again even persistent emotional abuse could have an effect on someone that resembles cptsd without being that, you know if that's any piece of mind.

I’m pretty sure MDMA saved my life.
I am suffering now. But I was so SO much worse. One experience on MDMA I’m sure healed my ptsd enough to the state it is now. Seriously I am not kidding.
But I also don’t know if it’s wise to mess with it again knowing how fragile my brain is now.
Perhaps it did what it needed to do at the right time (I had been praying a lot) and came to me in my time of immense need. I would be very careful when using it in future.
star dust
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (26)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post