Our partner

Help me please.

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Help me please.

Postby andrew03 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:02 am

I don't exactly know where to begin but i need professional support on this issue and any feedback would mean the world to me. I was just watching something on youtube when i stumbled upon subliminal messages and how they can change your appearance and how you look, how you act etc. I became obsessed with the simple fact that i could be become someone who is better than me. I have hated myself my entire life, for as long as i can remember i just wanted to be normal, im 20 years old and im trying to get my life started. But my depression is really crippling me and holding me down, and its all due to subliminals i havent been listening for very long maybe like 2 weeks, but after listening it has made me realize that i don't want to be anyone else i want to be exactly who i was meant to be, Now i just want this subliminal poison out of my subconscious i want to be me i just want to be normal. I don't know what the next step or what to do is. I have become obsessed with thoughts i have been having about this and that i may have altered my dna or changed something in my body because of this and i just want to be normal. Im crying as i type this because i feel that if i somehow changed or altered my dna or genes that my parents are no longer my parents and that i may have nobody and it kills me i love my family and i want to be apart of it. I regret ever coming across subliminals i just want them to leave my mind and erase every trace of them. I really wish i could go back but i cant, and i just want to know what to do from here, what can be done and how can i help myself. I just want to be normal and completely healthy. Please someone help me. I am having serious suicidal thoughts please.
andrew03
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help me please.

Postby quietgirl2538 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm

This post has been moved to Living With Mental Illness Forum, but a shadow has been put in place. That means that the post can be read in both forums. It can be read in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Forum (OCD) and Living With Mental Illness Forum. :D
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (90)

Re: Help me please.

Postby Snaga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:08 am

Whew. I think you're worrying too much about subliminal messages. I know there's a lot of stuff out there hypnosis files and such to change appearance and stuff but I really think a lot of it is fetishised by folks. And as for changing your DNA, I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

Have you talked to a therapist?

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum