Our partner

Family excludes me

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Family excludes me

Postby BUTTERFLY7171 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:38 am

I am so tired of being purposedly forgotton and ignored. My sisters go on sister trips without even inviting me. They even go on trips including my mom and 3 sisters and no ones care to even ask me. The other day I found out my grandma was in the hospital and the entire extended family (like 25 people) were all on a text chain and no one bothered to even tell me or include me. I have bipolar and this put me over the edge again. I was doing pretty well but when that happened I cried for literally 8 hours, thinking about all the times my own family has treated me so poorly. I ended up calling the warm line who wanted me to go to the hospital but I have 2 dogs and I dont have anyone to take care of them so I didnt go. Does anyone else out there get treated so poorly by their own family? Im tired of it. If I am actually happy my mom asks are you taking your medicine, and its like OMG I cant even be happy. Just so tired of feeling pain. Why do they do this? I am seriously thinking about cutting them out of my life but I have no friends and Im already very lonely. Why cant they treat me better?
BUTTERFLY7171
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Family excludes me

Postby TheUnknownofall » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:07 pm

BUTTERFLY7171 wrote:I am so tired of being purposedly forgotton and ignored. My sisters go on sister trips without even inviting me. They even go on trips including my mom and 3 sisters and no ones care to even ask me. The other day I found out my grandma was in the hospital and the entire extended family (like 25 people) were all on a text chain and no one bothered to even tell me or include me. I have bipolar and this put me over the edge again. I was doing pretty well but when that happened I cried for literally 8 hours, thinking about all the times my own family has treated me so poorly. I ended up calling the warm line who wanted me to go to the hospital but I have 2 dogs and I dont have anyone to take care of them so I didnt go. Does anyone else out there get treated so poorly by their own family? Im tired of it. If I am actually happy my mom asks are you taking your medicine, and its like OMG I cant even be happy. Just so tired of feeling pain. Why do they do this? I am seriously thinking about cutting them out of my life but I have no friends and Im already very lonely. Why cant they treat me better?

Well, I feel that too at times.

But more in the sense everyone wears a mask and is fake.
To me, my "mechanism" is more hatred towards others.
Makes me violent inside, I never really show it tough, I can control myself.

I don't recomend what I do, I guess if there is nature around and it relaxes you do that.
Society is hard, just ..$#%^ happens move on..

Make yourself a better person, how YOU wanna be organise a plan it's your life after all.
And, don't forget to enjoy the ride, no matter how ###$, you can luagh it out.
TheUnknownofall
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:15 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby tonyt147 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:32 pm

You said, ' I am seriously thinking about cutting them out of my life.'. Haven't you done so already based on how you have just described your social life? Your pets are your only physical companions so I guess you can hang with them. I guess your problem is you want your life to revolve around others. How can you find new friends if you don't have any other ambitions in life? How can you be stable in mind if you cling on to this conviction that you can only find happiness if you are always surrounded by people who caters to your needs?

I think it is enough to just have food and clothing. Intimate relationships on all levels are a commodity in life. It is a gift that you give yourself through hard work and not an entitlement. Some people might not be able to accept your flaws but it seems like you have too high of an expectation from others.

Everyone has their own lives to run so find a cause that you're willing to live and die for and spend your time increasing in wisdom and knowledge of everything that interests you. The relationships will come naturally if you intend to look for them.

Think about it.
tonyt147
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 am

It is hard dealing with family at times. So much drama out of your control. Hang in there and maybe ask to be included in the family texts because you want to be kept up to date on things going on. All they can say is no, or yes. Just give it a shot. Keep us updated on how things go. Sending hugs, if wanted.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (90)

Postby The_Ghoul » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:41 pm

wow I was going to make the exact same post...

-- Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:45 pm --

Some good posts here. Let me touch on a few.

It might be a good idea to cut them out. Seeing my nephew born yesterday and no one invited me , i realized i will never be part of that family. Should they be more accepting? Yes. Should I expect others to accommodate my schizophrenia? No. No reason to feel any deeper about it.
So I changed numbers , deleted old fb, changing my name to something cool , and about to go to church sunday and try to find community. Oh, I am a Buddhist too , but I still love to worship Jesus Christ, he is probably the savior of mankind.

It is about triggers. Seeing the photos of family and people having a blast while you are alone and miserable is just triggering , not useful at all. Make a list of websites that promote new hobbies and social groups if you use the internet. Avoid TV , magazines, anything that contains opinions designed to sell you an unrealistic picture of life.
"Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble."

"Life is suffering. Suffering arises from delusional ignorance. There is a way to end suffering. This way is the Noble Eight fold Path." - The Four Noble Truths
The_Ghoul
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 am
Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:09 pm

envy is the hell you create for yourself
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:15 pm