Our partner

Background check

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Background check

Postby Justddrown » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:07 am

I found a background check website and took down a few phone numbers in case I need to pull a Hail Mary. I was surprised to find so much information on people. I decided to look myself up. Immediately this red square alert window starts popping with arrest record. In my defense it was a written arrest for a trumped up charge which was dismissed but fair enough. Then as I proceeded with the background check it alerted me to “graphic content” and another pretty serious warning about proceeding. It pulls from state and federal records and I was shocked to find mental hospitalization records. It’s very violating for that to be given out like that and preceded by warnings that read sensitive and graphic details. They don’t give out info about broken arms but if you decide to get yourself help you may not land the job. I have a couple of friends that don’t talk openly or admit to being on psych meds and I feel bad for them. Really, it just doesn’t seem right.
Justddrown
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 10:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Background check

Postby Parador » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:04 pm

Contact a lawyer. Someone violated HIPPA if medical records got on a site like that.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 3:33 pm

Postby Justddrown » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:05 am

Yes, the site is too invasive. I’m glad it’s not legal. It shouldn’t be that descriptive.
Justddrown
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 10:33 am

Postby Parador » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Justddrown wrote:Yes, the site is too invasive. I’m glad it’s not legal. It shouldn’t be that descriptive.

It's not the site's fault. Someone gave them access to information that they shouldn't have. Whoever did that can be fined $50,000 and get a year in prison.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 3:33 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post