Our partner

Feeling like the biggest loser ever.. my existence is a joke

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Feeling like the biggest loser ever.. my existence is a joke

Postby JustExisting » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:20 pm

I need some help please... my soul and self esteem is in the dumps

My ex wife and mother of 6 year old daughter left me a couple of years back, pretty much for another man. He’s a nice enough guy, but it still kills me inside. They look happy, and I can’t help but feel he’s a better man. He’s about 10 years older than me, and has 3 kids... tattoos, hair (I’m bald) and always seems so confident.

He just opened up a restaurant, and it is booming. Online reviews are excellent, and I just dropped my daughter off to her mom there, and it was packed... what the ###$. I had a business, small online venture, collapse a couple years back, around tine my ex and me split...

So I’m jealous, feel like he’s so blessed, and well... jealous as hell. It looks like the perfect business, his family and my ex work there. He’s on top of the world.

And I’m just a piece of $#%^. I have a decent job with a company I helped build, but I’m just an employee.... after being on my own for a couple years, it’s hard to have to ask for things from a higher up... then in contrast there’s this man, with his own business, amazing reviews, and my ex probably just idolizing him...

I hate myself and this life God gave me. The ###$ is his problem.

To add to the feeling of being a loser, I went out last night on my own. My friends were going to see a boring boxing match, that I didn’t care about. I wanted to be around the opposite sex. I’ve been doing this going out alone thing more often, since my friends don’t go out as much anymore.

Yesterday I just so happened to see someone I knew in high school, who Ive been bumping into recently. He saw me in line for this one club, came up and said hi, and then asked you’re alone? I said yeah, friends were gonna see a fight I didn’t want to see, came out to have a couple drinks. He looked at me like I was a loser... I asked where he was going, just out politeness, and he gave me an answer like he thought I was going to follow him... I was like, I gotta check that out one day, and we parted ways.

In the club I saw another person I know through a mutual friend, and he asked if I was alone. Said to come around where he was. Started acting a bit condescending, like he was doing me a favor... so I took off.

Today is Easter, and my own mom told me she wanted a quiet day (I bring my dog there) in other words, take the dog and leave. I’m here alone in my apartment now... my family is with another man... a man going home happy from all the money he earned. I looked like a complete loser to couple of people that up until yesterday I was pretty cool with...

What the ###$... is my reason for living just to be kicked around? I try so hard to progress, but life gives me no ######6 breaks.

Not to mention Im short and bald, and had bells palsy which paralyzed half my face, so I can’t even smile like a normal ######6 person.

Please help... some light
JustExisting
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 9:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Feeling like the biggest loser ever.. my existence is a joke

Postby insecureornah » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Hey I read your story and I understand where you're coming from. My ex left me for a guy that had it better than I did... at the time lol.

But if you want a solution then find a way to make more money. You should start learning how to trade stocks or start a business of your own maybe? If you want a way to rub it in your wife's face maybe.

I could give you the answer of "well envy isn't ideal" or "just worry about yourself" but that's not going to get you anywhere. I just feel that's the morale that everyone knows of, and I'm sure you do too. Just go out and find a hot girl of your own and find different ways to make money. I can understand how you feeling like this can be the opposite of motivating but just TRY to see it is a motivation.

I really suggest you look into trading stocks. People get so rich off that stuff and you have a job so save up some money, learn on your free time, and develop some skills that can get you money. I don't think you should worry about your wife's relationship that's already so solidified. But yeah man, cheers to you.
insecureornah
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 6:46 am

Postby RottenFish » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi JustExisting,

There is a lot of awful people in your life who don't make you feel any better. My advice is to find better people in your life. Just like insecureornah said in the post above mine, finding an attractive woman and ways to make more $$$ will definitely improve your life. That way, you're not so focused on your ex-wife.

Part of the problem here is you idolize these other people in your life, therefore bringing yourself down. But until you don't change the way you see these other people in your life, you won't change your self-image neither.

This is what I suggest: Change the way you see these other people.

JustExisting wrote:I had a business, small online venture, collapse a couple years back, around tine my ex and me split...

So your wife left you because times got tough? That was selfish of her. There's nothing about her to envy or idolize, when she seems to get scared and run when she starts to feel "uncomfortable."

JustExisting wrote:They look happy, and I can’t help but feel he’s a better man.

A lot of people appear to be happy, and deep down they are not. Looks can be deceiving. Plus, having tattoos and 3 kids does not make him a better man.

JustExisting wrote:He just opened up a restaurant, and it is booming.

A lot of new restaurants are booming nowadays. The reality is most fail within 2 years. This is not an indicator of success.

JustExisting wrote:It looks like the perfect business, his family and my ex work there.

Owning a restaurant is far from perfect. My family is in the restaurant business. They are the unhappiest people I know.

JustExisting wrote:He’s on top of the world.

Reality is, he is not on top of the world. Owning a restaurant and "appearing happy" is far from being on top of the world. Many new restaurant owners struggle to pay the bills within 1 year of opening.

JustExisting wrote:I’m here alone in my apartment now... my family is with another man... a man going home happy from all the money he earned

This is where you need to focus your free time on yourself and not on what your ex-wife is doing. You should be dating and finding ways to make more money. You've run a successful business before. You can do it again.

JustExisting wrote:I looked like a complete loser to couple of people that up until yesterday I was pretty cool with...

Has your self-worth always been based on how others perceive you? Even if you were a billionaire and hot as hell, the people around you would only be using your for your $$$ and looks.

Change comes from loving yourself as you are, and rising above everyone else's petty needs.
Primary Dx: OCD
Meds: None

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
Make love. Not war.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby JustExisting » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:38 pm

Thank you very much guys.

I needed to hear this. Been out and about looking for that woman. It’s been tough. I live in Miami, where there are tons of them, but Im also 5’6”, bald and had bells palsy. With that being said, even with all these setbacks, I’ve managed to attract good looking women, so hope I still have it.

Insecureornah, do you currently trade stocks? Have you had success from it? Is it really a skill that can be learned, and not just pure luck? Any resources you frequent that you can suggest that can get me started? Sounds interesting.

RottenFish... man you dissected my issues like a surgeon... this is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you very much
JustExisting
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby insecureornah » Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 am

JustExisting wrote:Thank you very much guys.

Insecureornah, do you currently trade stocks? Have you had success from it? Is it really a skill that can be learned, and not just pure luck? Any resources you frequent that you can suggest that can get me started? Sounds interesting.

Glad you appreciated the responses. I did trade for a while but I'm currently on a hiatus. It's definitely a skill that can be learned in hours and perfecting the skill is what truly takes time. I suggest looking up traders like "Phileakone", "Adam Khoo", or "Tim Sykes", those people can definitely help you get started. I truly suggest you do this especially since you have a job and you seem like a smart guy. I think it's a skill many people overcomplicate and a skill that can definitely help you with wanting a better life for yourself.

Just do yourself a favor and fine ONE day where you can search this stuff up. I promise you'll be blown away by it. And just to give you the extra nmph of persuasion... put this into perspective.

Stocks obviously move up and down as we all know. But once I heard this, I instantly was hooked. If you took 5,000$ dollars and saw the price of apple at say... 200$ and chose to invest in it. When the stock goes to 202$ which takes minutes, you made 1% on your 5000$. So you just snagged 50$ just from one trade! So the more money you do this with, the more money you make. THE RICH GET RICHER WOOHOO lol. So how hard can it be to know a stock jumping up 1 or 2 bucks, seems promising to me.

Good Luck. You can totally pm me if you want more info or if you started to get into it and want some help or anything of that sort.
insecureornah
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 6:46 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post