Our partner

I’m new to delusional disorder

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I’m new to delusional disorder

Postby Nmkim » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:31 am

Hello all. I feel like I’m in a bad dream. My husband believes he’s being stalked by his exwife who died in 2006. I showed him copies of the obituaries. He doesn’t believe them. He thinks she, along with her State cop boyfriend, are following him. He has In the past interpreted the innocent words and actions of me and others to have some deeper malignant or cruel meaning. It has always baffled me and I wondered how he could make the leap from an innocent statement to some evil intent. He doesn’t believe he has a problem.
Nmkim
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I’m new to delusional disorder

Postby Malasha » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 pm

He doesn't believe she's dead? What does she want from him?
If you got paranoid doesn't mean you're not being followed.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:29 pm

Postby Nmkim » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:09 am

He thinks she wants to harm or kill him. It makes no sense. He has not talked about it since that day I brought home a printout of the obituaries (from 2 newspapers).
Nmkim
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:29 am

Postby Malasha » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:49 am

Maybe you should go to her family and talk to them. Obituaries can be a joke.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Wally58 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 am

I would tend to doubt that two published obituaries are fake. It would be incredibly insensitive and hurtful to approach her family about this.
You might want to document your husband's irrational spells for possible future reference, if needed.
Best of luck to you. :D
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Postby Malasha » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Wally58 wrote:I would tend to doubt that two published obituaries are fake. It would be incredibly insensitive and hurtful to approach her family about this.

Why? You could find out where the grave is and bring flowers there. It would be a shame to mistake in the fact of her death.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Justddrown » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:03 pm

I don’t think it’s that inappropriate to approach her family cautiously. They were married. That’s a huge impact on someone’s life. Did he battle mental illness when they were together? Is her family aware of his mental troubles? They may try to practice understanding and patience with him to help him find closure. There has to be a reason why his mind encourages him to believe she’s still alive and wants something to do with him even if it’s to kill him. He needs something to make peace with it all. Like I said, they were married that’s huge.
Justddrown
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post