Our partner

Please any opinions on this ?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Please any opinions on this ?

Postby sttillthinking94 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:21 pm

your answers will really save me... so 2017 was really a bad year for me , and my issue is that :

==> If i find that a product was made during that time (2017) i dont take it , or if a video was created in that time i dont watch it , literally anything thats has to do with that year i dont do it

==> BECAUSE : in the back of my mind i say " if i get this phone that was created in 2017 , then it will be thanks to that depressing year that im gonna meet new friends, (because thanks to that phone , i will chat with new people etc)

As if thanks to that depressing year (year the phone was made) that im gonna make new huge changes in my life etc

i already regained my old happy self , 2018/2019 were good , i understood what made me feel during that bad year etc ...

PS : 2017 was really a depressing year for me , thats why it impacted me this way , i have no anxiety at all , i just feel depressed when i think about using things that were created in 2017

PLEASE any different APPROACH , or logical way of thinking ? to accept everything that was created in that year ?

thankyou..
sttillthinking94
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Please any opinions on this ?

Postby Justddrown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:28 am

No real opinion other than somewhat relating. I’m suspicious of everything post 2009 and many things I said at the time are easily triggered some things I choose to love anyways and a lot of my actions and things that I’d like to be funny or light hearted might as well be taken as a literal translation or innuendo. Just thinking of 09 has like its own emotion attached to it. I hope it’s just exclusive to 2017 for you and that it doesn’t happen to another year for you.
Justddrown
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please any opinions on this ?

Postby RottenFish » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:02 pm

What worked for me was to accept everything bad that has happened to me in a certain year. For example, the year 2013 was a bad year for me.

Instead of avoiding everything that was created in 2013, I had to logically accept that 2013 was a bad year for me, and always will be a bad year. I had to change the way I thought about the events of 2013. I had to accept that I cannot change the events of 2013. Instead of seeing it as a depressing year, I see it as the year where I learned things had to change for the better.

Try accepting that just because something was created in 2017 does not mean that these object/things in 2017 can hurt you. Sometimes our brains associate bad things with numbers, but this is just our brains making a connection, not necessarily meaning that this object/thing in 2017 can hurt us. Some of us with OCD believe that if we "touch" something that has a certain number on it, we will die or get poisoned, but this is just our OCD playing tricks on us, nothing more. :mrgreen:
Primary Dx: OCD
Secondary Dx: Bipolar
Meds: None. I refuse to poison my body and mind with psych drugs.

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。
Problems are not allowed here. Only opportunities to grow.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post