Our partner

no credibility

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

no credibility

Postby AnnieX » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:52 am

The problem with being mentally ill is that you (I) have no credibility. Everything you say, every opinion, every like and dislike is measured as an aspect of mental illness. We have no voice. We are not heard.

I don't know what is in my "file" but it must be very bad. No one will listen to me. No one allows that I may know what I'm talking about. I can't get any type of therapy at all. Every practitioner I see is the same whether they are a therapist or an ARMHS worker - they engage me in idle chit-chat and provide no treatment.

Because I have not been provided any treatment but idle chit-chat since 2004 I have made no progress and as such I am still unemployed and getting more poor with every passing year. My son will turn 18 in 2020 and I don't see any future for me but homelessness because the system persists in ignoring me in favor of something in my file - something that would suggest that I am, perhaps, in denial and resisting treatment. Funny that since I am the begging and pleading for someone to do something more than engage me in idle chit-chat.

There does not seem any recourse - no governing body who will correct the wrongs that have been done to me. Living with PTSD is a challenge, facing homelessness ... I have no words.

When will we be treated as human beings, people with thoughts and feelings?

Filing petty complaints won't give me back the 14 years that have been wasted. I don't know what can be done to change how I'm being treated but it extends beyond mental health treatment. I tried to get case management; someone came out once and I never heard from them again. I've tried to use my "ticket to work" with a service; they have not contacted me since my appointment 2 weeks ago - I don't believe that they will ever call me.

I am doomed.
AnnieX
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum