Our partner

Am I thinking about it too much?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Am I thinking about it too much?

Postby ArchCannon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:01 pm

I've been going through dissociative episodes, and lately it's been getting worse and more frequent.
Dissociation, as in moments of detachment from one's own body, senses and surrounding.

Today's afternoon, I went to do shopping. I didn't have a cart, so I was carrying most of the stuff in my hands, some of it in my pockets. When I got to the self-service checkout, an episode occurred. And so now I can't remember whether I paid for the stuff from my pockets or not. And it's driving me crazy!

What if I didn't? I don't want to be accosted by police
I'm scared out of my mind!
Looking for a sign that I'm still here
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Am I thinking about it too much?

Postby pierogi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:22 pm

If you haven't been already caught, there are really low chances that the police will come knocking on your door asking about stuff from your pockets, relax.
You should contact someone from mental health services, however. It's clear you're in distress and it dissociation interferes with your daily life, take care of yourself.
pierogi
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Re: Am I thinking about it too much?

Postby ArchCannon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:02 am

Thank you for your response. What you say makes sense, looks like I don't have to worry about legal trouble.

Yeah, I guess I should take care of my health more. I hope your dissociation problems get better, too. As I've seen you're dealing with a similar problem.
Looking for a sign that I'm still here
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post