Our partner

Is there any real hope for me?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Is there any real hope for me?

Postby mansnils » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:51 pm

I've tried various different antidepressants, including at high doses, for extended periods of time with no improvement. There are no medications that I know of that can solve severe physical fatigue. I've read about electroconvulsive therapy that it's only used against severe cases of depression, and to be honest I highly doubt that I have depression. I have stuck thoughts, derealization, depersonalization, tingling, acid reflux, insomnia, constipation and severe physical fatigue. I think it's a tough situation. I'm not sure which diagnoses are the right ones to give me. I think my condition is unique and too complex for scientists and doctors to help me out on. I don't demand of myself to be a flawless person or to have zero problems with myself. I just want a normal working life, but with this physical fatigue it's impossible to get things done at school. Is there any real hope for me of getting better in the long term?
mansnils
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is there any real hope for me?

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:10 am

There is hope.
Holistic/ Synergetic Wellness Plan:
Diet, Therapy, DBT or CBT skills other psychological alternatives , exercise (for one thing it improves lymphatic fatigue), forcing yourself to do things like not isolate even when that's all you want to do, keep trying with meds, get more physical examinations, find purpose, spirituality, healthy human connection, boundaries, figuring out what has the potential of being enjoyable to you, proper sleep especially REM phases, some routine.
It's a journey but definitely doable.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:34 pm

Re: Is there any real hope for me?

Postby Wally58 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:05 am

ECT is used for medication-resistant cases of depression. There are cases where medication is ineffective. This and other possible options, would have to be discussed with your doctor. It is 'the last house on the block' for many who suffer from depression. Anxiety can be the 'flip-side' of depression.
I am glad that you and mum will be able to meet with your doctor today to discuss further options. It is frustrating to have to wait a month or 2 between appointments when the situation is desperate.
Best of luck to you. :D
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:34 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post