Our partner

Just want myself fixed

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Just want myself fixed

Postby mansnils » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Aside from not getting physically hurt, I just want my mental health fixed so I can live a normal life just like everyone else. Nothing else truly matters at this point. I can't describe to anyone else how much it would mean to me. All unnecessary, unwanted and negative focus would disappear. My relationship with my family would be much more pleasant and positive. I would get a life strictly filled with productive, wanted, positive, pleasant, enjoyable, normal and memorable experiences.
mansnils
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 8:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Just want myself fixed

Postby Parador » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:38 pm

Your psyche isn't like a car that needs a few new parts. It's a long process and I'm afraid your life will probably never seem fixed. Focus on small improvements one at a time. Baby steps.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 am

Re: Just want myself fixed

Postby shatteredwishes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:13 pm

I have felt this way for a long time too. But like the last poster says it takes time and definite baby steps. I know how you feel though, you just want it fixed and done with so you can move on with a new happy life. I too, wish there was a magic wand to wave, but it just doesn't happen that way. Just start with this, what's one positive thing, (it could be totally small and insignificant), that you do tomorrow for yourself? Take a shower when you wake up, have breakfast, clean out that closet? You'll see by picking out one positive thing to do a day, it can end up changing your life. Good luck!
"To see the world,
Things dangerous to come to,
To see behind walls,
Draw closer,
To find each other,
And to feel.
That is the purpose of life."
shatteredwishes
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 2:00 am