Our partner

anyone suffer from this?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

anyone suffer from this?

Postby Blondie18 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Recently i’ve been suffering from intense mood swings and perceptive issues. I’ve found that I am EXTREMELY sensitive towards my environment and I have no control over the switches between mindsets.

I’ve been recently in a place where they treat people with mental health problems, like a meet-up/therapy type thing, and i’m pretty sure it’s making me worse. Every time i’m there I feel like I don’t know who I am anymore. I switch to the extremes of thinking i’m not Ill enough to be around people like this to feeling like I have literally all of the problems that each individual has there. Everything Is so real in my mind, eventually becoming nothing more than a delusion when my mind switches.

Sometimes I feel so positive and it seems like I can do anything, that there’s nothing wrong with me, and then there are other days that I feel that everything is terrible, people I once respected I no longer respect and I can’t remember how to function properly anymore.

It’s like I live my life to the extremes. Giving my all of nothing at all. Thinking myself and others are either all good and all bad. Every time I have fallen out with a friend, I focus so much on the bad that I end up making them out to be narcissistic abusive people.

I go through months where I take drugs, drink and smoke and party every day to living a clean and healthy lifestyle for months.

I’m not looking for advice on receiving help, I just want to understand that i’m not alone with this?

- I’m presently diagnosed with severe bouts of depression and anxiety.
Blondie18
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: anyone suffer from this?

Postby rms18 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Yeah I can relate to this for sure. It's as you say one moment I think 'You know what everything is fine and I can get on with life' to suddenly switching to a mindset where I think 'Well ###$ everything isn't fine and I don't feel right at all'. I get spurts of positive attitude when I get into the right mindset and suddenly I feel myself, to dropping down to the negative attitude where things are all doom and gloom. One moment I am upbeat and able to talk to people with enthusiasm to suddenly just wanting to shut myself away and not interact with people.

The up and down and not being able to stick to the positive mindset drives me insane sometimes. I'm afraid I am still searching for my balance so I can't offer you any solutions myself, but you are certainly not alone.
rms18
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 pm

Re: anyone suffer from this?

Postby Johei » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 pm

You're not alone...
I alternate between weeks of heavy smoking, drinking and doing drugs to kill the pain and anger inside me and periods where I try to live clean, maybe because it makes me feel that I'm bettering myself and staying in control.
Can't speak for you, but I think it's a coping mechanism for me.
I'm sure you have your reasons, and you have my support.
Stay strong!
Johei
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:35 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post