Our partner

What's wrong with me!!

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

What's wrong with me!!

Postby saytara2000 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm having trouble doing what I'm supposed to do (have to), and that covers almost everything, eating, sleeping studying, going to university, going out.
Everything I know I should (must, supposed to) do, when the time comes to do it, I just find absolutely zero desire to do it and I go distract myself with whatever to pass the time. It has been like this for more than a year now.
Any idea what's wrong with me?
saytara2000
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What's wrong with me!!

Postby cascadingstars » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:07 am

saytara2000 wrote:I'm having trouble doing what I'm supposed to do (have to), and that covers almost everything, eating, sleeping studying, going to university, going out.
Everything I know I should (must, supposed to) do, when the time comes to do it, I just find absolutely zero desire to do it and I go distract myself with whatever to pass the time. It has been like this for more than a year now.
Any idea what's wrong with me?

Hi. Having no desire to do anything sounds a lot like depression. At least in my experience. I have been battling major depression for years and am currently in the healing process. There are also other symptoms besides the „loss of motivation“ for example fatigue, feeling exhausted mostly, low moods, eating too much or not enough, sleeping not enough or too much etc. Of course I can‘t give you a diagnosis, but it would be good if you‘d go to a psychiatrist to get a correct diagnosis.
cascadingstars
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:08 am

Postby Wally58 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:05 pm

It does sound a lot like depression. Anxiety and feeling overwhelmed can go along with that.
Also, when was your last complete physical exam? There are chemical and endocrine imbalances that can make us lethargic, depressed and distracted.
It would be good to get this diagnosed and treated so that you can be everything you want to be.
Best of luck to you. :D
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Postby Ramses » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Yeah, it seems to be a depression. I felt the same way few years ago and you know just remember that it's totally fine with you and work on a positive attitude. And also find a good psychologist, real professional will help you :wink:
Ramses
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:08 am

Postby RottenFish » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:19 am

Have you considered ... that nothing is wrong with you? We can't diagnose you, but what I can say that being an adult is rather boring.

I find that having kids and being married is soooo boring. Parties, sex, and dancing drunk is fun! Do what makes you happy 8)
RottenFish
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post