Our partner

Wellbutrin

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Wellbutrin

Postby angel1998 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey there, people who are familiar with bupropion.
I've been on wellbutrin since last winter because of depression and lack of energy, though I have other problems too. It has lifted me up quite a bit. I now have a pretty normal amount of energy and I feel empty less often. It also causes less uncomfortable side effects than other meds I've been on. So I'd say I'm pleased with it.
It also made me more emotional, which was also a goal. But as it turns out, I may have a borderline personality disorder.

I have a lot of mood swings, from bad depression to good mood (both often caused by other people).
This has gotten worse now that I'm back in college after a summer break.
I'm often feeling unstable, having moodswings, my short depression periods are worsening too, and I've had a few anger outbursts in the last few weeks (which I last had 3 years ago when I was anorexic).
Could it be that this is all due to alcohol? I'm a regular party-goer, I know I have a very self damaging lifestyle. I know mixing wellbutrin and alcohol is bad, but I haven't had any in a week and I've been feeling very unstable and mostly depressed for quite a few days now.
Also, I've skipped my wellbutrin (300mg) for two days, but that was weeks ago. And I took an extra one 5 days ago, but that should be out of my syytem now, no? It didn't cause anything else but vivid dreams for one night.

I feel really unstable and weird most of the time. I've never cared about classes as little as I do now. I have negative thoughts and I'm obsessing over different things one after another, I cut myself a bit more often (rarely though). Right now I'm in the middle of one of my depressive periods and at times I feel like I'm losing it.. It's the worst one yet. I go from feeling ok to being miserable a few times per day. Stupid things set me off. Self image got terrible suddenly (it really reminds me of how I was feeling 3 years ago and it's scary). And as usually all of this is happening after a bad experience with some unimportant person.

So why do I feel like I'm getting worse now after a year of taking wellbutrin? Could it be just that I'm around people again? Or alcohol? Or both..
Could wellbutrin alone be causing worsening moodswings and depression? But then why after so many months?

Any thoughts? :|
angel1998
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Wellbutrin

Postby RottenFish » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:01 am

I don't take any meds or drugs, so I would directly blame the Wellbutrin for feeling the way you do now.

Also alcohol doesn't make anything better. It's just another way to feel good for a night.
RottenFish
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Postby Wally58 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:00 am

After awhile alcohol stopped working for me. It didn't even make me feel good anymore, but I became addicted to it. I was finally able to stop and get into recovery after a couple of tries.
Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant and any good judgement goes out the window.
This is something you may want to look into?
Best of luck to you. :D
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Postby Justddrown » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:31 am

I’m coupling Wellbutrin with Zoloft as my antidepressants. Last time I did this was when I was in high school through college aged. Alcohol in the sense of getting drunk was very bad for me. A drink or two might not be a bad thing. I learn this lesson about once a year. It balances me but everyone is different but Wellbutrin is known for being able to couple with another antidepressant.
Justddrown
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post