Our partner

Is it rare for someone to act out in violence in society?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Is it rare for someone to act out in violence in society?

Postby ClairePurdue » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:56 am

When not fueled by any intoxicants (drugs/alcohol)? My psychiatrist told me this, he said that violence and murder against random people are extraordinarily rare (at least in my country). Only 25 people in Ireland die from homicides. That surprises me.

I wonder why? I know the law exists and murder can land you in prison but surely I don't think people in the heat of the moment are thinking about the law? Same thing with it being "selfish" or "cowardly" as I've heard some people say. If it's simply anger control, then wouldn't we expect to see a few more incidents? The mere fact that it's so rare puzzles me?

Sorry for the questions, I just was curious.
ClairePurdue
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is it rare for someone to act out in violence in society?

Postby RottenFish » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:34 am

Your psychiatrist is correct. In Ireland, people have self-control and DO NOT kill each other. Be happy that you live in a safe country where people respect life.
RottenFish
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post