Our partner

Stressful Work Environment

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Stressful Work Environment

Postby MellonCollie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Certain co-workers are currently making the environment at my workplace a very, very difficult place to be. From Thursday until now, weighty dissociation episode aside, I've been on a constant wave of being either incredibly angry or incredibly anxious. I've talked with my supervisor about some of the people who have been causing the issue and he plans on sitting them down to talk with them. I've apologized and owned messing up things or missing stuff...

But for some individuals, that's clearly not enough.

Like...it's no wonder at all that we've dealt with SEVERE sensory overload over the past week. Everyone else is busy acting like children in high school with the emotional intelligence of a thumbtack. In trying to KEEP THIS JOB...we're shouldering all of this mess trying to communicate and keep the peace like a human. It's blindingly infuriating.

All our white hot rage,
AJ & Max
AJ & Max
MellonCollie
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:04 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Stressful Work Environment

Postby MellonCollie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:26 pm

I continue to be on brand and get frustrated re-living things in my head as I process them, causing me to lose the plot and, instead, rant instead of seek advice.
Which is not at all useful.
AJ & Max
MellonCollie
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Wally58 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Without naming your workplace, what type of work do you do?
Does your workplace have any Human Resources dept to seek employment advice (and protection)?
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:04 am

Postby Oneira » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Sadly many times the managment can be corrupted or too weak to do anything.even enabling the abuser.
A friend has a similar problem and i wonder what is wrong with the managment.
I hope you can find protection.
Oneira
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Postby MellonCollie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:53 am

Wally58 wrote:Without naming your workplace, what type of work do you do?
Does your workplace have any Human Resources dept to seek employment advice (and protection)?

The workplace is an odd situation - subcontract work. I'm a tech editor, which makes me one of the last stops for all of our documents. But I was actually able to sit down with my manager (after having had a really bad nervous break) and talk with him about some of what was going on and he's taking care of things - sitting down with folks, finding someone to teach soft skills and conflict management and such.

I have experience with conflict management and interpersonal communication, but I also have crippling anxiety so I could only contribute so much.

Oneira wrote:Sadly many times the managment can be corrupted or too weak to do anything.even enabling the abuser.
A friend has a similar problem and i wonder what is wrong with the managment.
I hope you can find protection.

There was a workplace violence incident that happened a few years back that lead to my manager taking things VERY, VERY seriously about the mental well-being of the people in the office.
HR can help out a lot if your friend feels at all like her mental health is being tested, then it's good to take care of it before it gets out of hand.
AJ & Max
MellonCollie
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post