Our partner

Don’t know how to deal with her.

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Don’t know how to deal with her.

Postby 1971 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:30 am

My mother (70yrs)has always acted strange. This behavior is not new, as she has ALWAYS acted this way. The quirky things she does she does do more.She only sees the negativity in people and if there is no negatively there she makes something up in her mind. She complains about the past constantly. She complains about things that happened 20,30,40 and 50 years ago. This is done on a daily basis. My mom lives in a world where she is always right and always a victim and the rest of the world is wrong and stupid. Mom insinuates quite often that someone in the past did something mean or hurtful to her, but when asked about it she always says it’s just too painful to talk about, yet she continues to say little comments under her breathe. It’s almost as if though she’s narcissistic. If someone does something that she does not like or disagrees with, she lets that moment define that person for eternity, and she HATES them forever. She verbalizes personal hate and dislike for movie stars and politicians that she has never known or met. If I disagree with her on anything, she will go as far as to lie to me to try and get me to believe the way she believes. I cannot think of anybody she has not complained about. She believes things that I think are alarming. She makes comments on what other people think and feel when she has no idea how they think or feel. She makes hate filled comments about people she doesn’t know. My mother has literally never lived in the present moment.
I don’t know how to deal with her anymore. Everything is black or white with her. There is NO gray. I don’t like to be around her and neither does my family. I don’t know what kind of disorder or mental illness she has I just know that there’s something not right with her. I have asked her to see a psychiatrist but she claims that there are no qualified phychiatrist in our large city. In here mind she learned about everything there is to know about everything during nursing school in the 80’s. (She is retired now)
Thank you
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Don’t know how to deal with her.

Postby Wally58 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Duplicate post. See:
family-support/topic210028.html
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer