Our partner

Severe constant daily fatigue and intrusive thoughts?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Severe constant daily fatigue and intrusive thoughts?

Postby mansnils » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Is anyone here living with severe constant daily fatigue? It's like my body is on hibernation mode all the time and is merely just keeping itself alive. I never get my natural energy levels back; it's like I only get energy from improving my fitness from the "workouts" my intrusive thoughts give me. Does anyone have intrusive thoughts as well? How do you feel about your condition? For me it's a daily nightmare that severely restricts me in daily activities.
mansnils
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Severe constant daily fatigue and intrusive thoughts?

Postby Wally58 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Have you had any professional evaluation done lately? I started with a complete physical exam with blood chem tests and the works. It could be thyroid or endocrine? How is your sleep and diet?
If it is depression, anxiety, insomnia or OCD, there is therapy and possible medications to help with that. You shouldn't have to live with this.
Best of luck to you. :D
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:24 pm

Postby mansnils » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Wally58 wrote:Have you had any professional evaluation done lately? I started with a complete physical exam with blood chem tests and the works. It could be thyroid or endocrine? How is your sleep and diet?
If it is depression, anxiety, insomnia or OCD, there is therapy and possible medications to help with that. You shouldn't have to live with this.

Thanks for showing empathy for my suffering. I'm up for evaluation. My doctors were supposed to call me this whole week to decide on the time for the evaluation but they didn't. That sucks. I have, however, carried out basic blood tests including for hypothyroidism but no deviant measures came out of it. In fact, I'm fed up having to live like this. It may have been fun when you were younger so you could isolate yourself from the rest of the world but it's no good anymore. It restricts me severely in carrying out daily activities like complex problem solving and trivial physical activities. My parents aren't supportive or empathetic either.

I personally believe I have the right to be thoroughly tested for any physical causes/problems, given the extent, length and chronic nature of my suffering.

I don't get a lot of sleep. The intrusive thoughts are keeping me awake. I can barely even close my eyes to sleep.
mansnils
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby margharris » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:12 pm

The intrusive thoughts are keeping me awake. I can barely even close my eyes to sleep.

I think you have nailed the problem right there. You know full well that these thoughts, the intensity and persistence, are the problem. This may be part of an addictive negative obsession on the OCD spectrum. So much energy is being activated to continue these thoughts. It robs you of any energy to allow you to move into your day. So you feel just beat up with no energy to get up.
Often negative obsessions seem to occur when you just cant let go of the past and allow the future to unfold naturally. You become beset by the problems you feel need to be solved by you. It is as though you have to fix it all yourself before you can ever relax and let it be. You have forgotten the importance of trust.
So it might be exploring in this frame that you find solution. Find anything to do that might let you be happy and then trust the answers will come. Chilling out is fine for now. When you release the energy trapped in thought, your energy will rebound into your life's natural momentum. All things pass and this time will too. Wish you better. Marg
margharris
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (71)

Postby mansnils » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:14 pm

margharris wrote:
The intrusive thoughts are keeping me awake. I can barely even close my eyes to sleep.

I think you have nailed the problem right there. You know full well that these thoughts, the intensity and persistence, are the problem. This may be part of an addictive negative obsession on the OCD spectrum. So much energy is being activated to continue these thoughts. It robs you of any energy to allow you to move into your day. So you feel just beat up with no energy to get up.
Often negative obsessions seem to occur when you just cant let go of the past and allow the future to unfold naturally. You become beset by the problems you feel need to be solved by you. It is as though you have to fix it all yourself before you can ever relax and let it be. You have forgotten the importance of trust.
So it might be exploring in this frame that you find solution. Find anything to do that might let you be happy and then trust the answers will come. Chilling out is fine for now. When you release the energy trapped in thought, your energy will rebound into your life's natural momentum. All things pass and this time will too. Wish you better. Marg

It's like a huge oil tank that has suffered a hole in it and is leaking oil like crazy. The momentum is too big to stop the leak. And that's how I feel about my intrusive thoughts. The energy momentum for these thoughts is too massive to stop. It's not the intrusive thoughts that are the problem, it's the fatigue that makes me helpless in stopping them. I have tried so many times to stop the thoughts, but I just feel like it's never happening. I've been trapped in these thoughts for over 15 years now. I need external help.
mansnils
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Wally58 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Everything has to start somewhere. Physical/mental evaluation should be the first step. Rule out the simple possibilities and then move onto the harder stuff, as necessary.
I had to empty my oil tank in therapy. You are correct in thinking that this may be too big to handle by yourself. I wasn't able to 'fix' myself. My spirit was broken. It took external assistance, both professional, individual sessions and then 12-step group meetings.
Wally58

Postby mansnils » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Wally58 wrote:Everything has to start somewhere. Physical/mental evaluation should be the first step. Rule out the simple possibilities and then move onto the harder stuff, as necessary.
I had to empty my oil tank in therapy. You are correct in thinking that this may be too big to handle by yourself. I wasn't able to 'fix' myself. My spirit was broken. It took external assistance, both professional, individual sessions and then 12-step group meetings.

I just wish I had the psychological willpower to overcome it on my own, but I fear that's not gonna happen. It makes me feel like a failure, like I'm doing something wrong when battling my illness.
mansnils
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Wally58 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:43 pm

There are things that we just can't do by ourselves no matter how hard we try. If will-power really worked, there probably wouldn't be any need for therapists, social workers or psychologists.
I found that the treatment for things like anxiety or OCD, comes from the outside. We can't do it alone.
Once the behavior is arrested, we can train ourselves through counseling and therapy for vigilance against it.
I must always be on guard and ready for thoughts, changes in breathing or other warning signs of an impending attack. I have been doing well with that.
These are the tools we learn to keep ourselves well.
I was on anti-anxiety and antidepressant meds early on to help get stabilized. Without them, I may not have recovered. Being aware of and avoiding certain triggers and knowing more about who I am also helped.
Wally58

Postby margharris » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:49 am

I need external help

That is why you have focused here. It is also why you have most likely gotten to your knees screaming for relief from God. It is also why medication might help as well.
This is like a battle between your mind and your soul. Your mind has taken a negative view for a long time so it feels familiar for you to do this. It feels bad each and everytime but it is what you do. Now your soul never gives up on you. It reflects to you what you think by sending you emotions. The emotions feel bad but still you keep thinking the thoughts.
Most of us have never learnt what strong emotions are trying to tell us. We think they are occurring as feelings in response to our life. But they are truly only the vibrational aspect of our current thought. Our emotions tell us whether the thought is right for us to think. That is guidance. We just don't know how to use this guidance wisely to inform our choice of thought.
Meditation quietens the mind and you can get some good Youtubes to help gain control over your thoughts through meditation. A browse there might help you find someone to listen to. Listening to anything that helps you stem the flow from the oil tanker is a good idea. You just can't think on two things at once. You don't want to dredge your thoughts any more. No good can come from more of that. You want to live now because now is all you've got. Wish you better. Marg
margharris
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (71)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post