Our partner

Schizoaffective disorder, anxiety and self-harm

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Schizoaffective disorder, anxiety and self-harm

Postby Ebony777 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:47 am

Have had schizoaffective disorder for over 10 years. Over the past 3 months working as volunteer for local charity shop, I reached the stage where I would like to go into paid work as my confidence grew. But a few days ago had panic attack at work to the point of shaking. Said I felt unwell and left. Since then I have low mood, a few negative voices and have began cutting myself. I have thought about telling my mother or partner but do not want to upset them. I hope this is an isolated incident and will return to work next week. Will keep posting.
Ebony777
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Schizoaffective disorder, anxiety and self-harm

Postby Tanoujin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Same here, schizoaffective disorder diagnosed 11 years ago... you are working since 3 months now? Congrats! That's not a long time though. Nice to read your confidence grew - but with all due respect it looks like you are overcharging yourself now putting yourself on pressure to do the next step.

I hope you are in treatment for the panic attacks, the voices and the cutting, both psychiatrical and therapeutical. I believe you need someone to talk to to make a mid-term plan.

Very sorry to hear you can not talk to your relatives. Is there something that can be done about this? I hate keeping it all to myself... but maybe that is just me, everyone is different.

Yes, keep us up to date! Avoid stress, do not ask to much of yourself. You know stress is poison for us.
Good luck, Tan
Tanoujin
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Ebony777 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:23 am

Thankyou tan for you're very kind message, I have since told my boyfriend who has been very understanding, my mum and also my close friend who has bipolar. I have decided to take a break from the volunteering for a few weeks and just concentrate on looking after my son and keeping the house running aswell as doing my art class once a week. Will keep posting, by the way how are you, hope you are keeping well.
Ebony777
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Tanoujin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks for asking! Got Venlafaxine recently, feeling much better now. I work 20 hours per week in an „integration company“. We do printed circuit boards mainly. This gets me about 750 Euro a month net income, which is not very much, but my mate is well off and I try to help her at home as much as I can. Glad to read you opened up to some people, your plan sounds very reasonable. Have a nice day!
Tanoujin
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post