Our partner

I finally got help

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I finally got help

Postby cvoor » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:07 am

My mental illness has caused me and others a lot of grief in my life, I lost relationships, marriages, I had a horrible temper, jealous, insecure, rages. The one thing I remember clearly was when my last husband, came into the room, and I was doing something in the closet, and I just screamed at him, and he looked at me, and said, you are a mean woman, and walked out. Next day he told me he did not love me anymore, and wanted a divorce. It just killed me because I loved him, even his friends thought I was a bitch, and I was . I moved bk to texas, got a job, got my own place. A couple yrs later, met a really nice good looking guy, and I started getting jealous, suspicious, anger spurts, I knew if I didn't get help I would lose this relationship, like all the others, and went to a good psychiatrist , and was put on so many different meds, until we found a combo that has been working for me. Now I'm a different person, the insecurity is gone, happy, patient, think of others instead always myself. We are now married, if I hadn't gotten help he would have been long gone. I often regret getting help all those yrs because I wouldn't see, others had a problem not me.
cvoor
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I finally got help

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:58 pm

It's comforting to know you got help and your life is great. Did you have any diagnosis?
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer