Our partner

I want to write a book about the stories

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I want to write a book about the stories

Postby acm » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:10 am

Hi everyone! I am currently writing a book about the experiences of patients and staff members who have lived or worked in psychiatric hospitals.

*mod edit*
Last edited by quietgirl2538 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is a peer support forum only.
acm
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I want to write a book about the stories

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Anyone can share their stories on the public forum. We are only a peer support forum. And everything and everyone here is an anonymous user as per the forum rules. Please keep this in mind.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:12 am
Blog: View Blog (80)

Re: I want to write a book about the stories

Postby Aliantha » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 am

I was in a psychiatric ward for three days on suggestion from my case manager. Mainly from DID, and hoping I could get some emergency help.

I'm trans, MtF, and had to ask for a razor to shave and hand it back every morning. Meal times were routine, and staff were understanding of everything. One alter, Vanessa, tried to escape three times but I won't go into the details. I was given some strong anti-psychotics, for the last two days, no clue what they were but I was exhausted almost constantly, couldn't think properly, only wanted to sleep. I was put in high watch the first night because they thought Vanessa was going to be physically violent. Because Vanessa regularly threatened self harm, I had to use plastic utensils for food, but despite that the food was amazing. None of the other patients spoke a word to me, they all kept to small groups they already formed. All in all, probably a negative for me and a waste of time.
Aliantha
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post