Our partner

Chronic Stress

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Chronic Stress

Postby Jennyyyyy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi,

First I'm gonna say that I don't have a full BPD diagnosis so im sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am 18 and when I was 16/17 I got diagnosed as emerging EUPD(BPD) after years of treatments for anxiety, depression, self harm, OCD ect ect. My CAMHS treatment was great, they did the STEPPS YP group program with me individually as I'm really bad in groups and they sent nurses to my house a lot to keep me out of hospital (I hated the nurses lol - motivation not to need them :lol: ). I went from frequent A&E visits for SH, eating habits which included fasting for days and using pro-ana websites, and now I don't need to do those things. I have worked so hard over the last year since being discharged, I haven't self harmed or starved myself in almost a year and I have much better relationships with other people.

However, I am really struggling right now with just chronic stress. I don't really know how to deal with it. :? It isn't an intense emotion like I learned to deal with in STEPPS, I can overcome the acute stress which used to cause panic attacks and self harm. But its just a constant anxiety, which is giving me really bad physical health, i.e. constant back and neck pain, digestive issues and really intense health anxiety.

I know most of my health problems are probably caused by me worrying about my health, but I can't stop :( I wish there was just some way to slow my brain down. I am already on 150mg Setraline and have melatonin to help me sleep, but I just wish there was something that would make me feel calm even for a minute.

The stress is making me feel kind of useless at the moment because Im constantly still battling with dangerous eating and SH habits, and I just am starting to think what is the point? I know that SH/eating problems distracts me from stress, but im doing everything I can to stay away from that route for my family, because it just always leads to suidcide attempts and hospital and being back in the mental health services which I was so happy to be discharged from :(

Sorry, this post is so rambly and long :| does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of this constant anxiety?? Any tips would be very much appreciated!!
Jennyyyyy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Chronic Stress

Postby pamelaperejil » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Jennyyyyy wrote::| does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of this constant anxiety?? Any tips would be very much appreciated!!

My only advice is to find some sort of distraction.
previously: pleasnpetrichor, perejil

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
pamelaperejil
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles