Our partner

ocd in RPG gaming?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

ocd in RPG gaming?

Postby ocdsucks96 » Tue May 29, 2018 5:21 pm

I love video games especially, rpg games. Lately Ive discovered anything that I like, my ocd will come and destroy it. Just like it did with rpg gaming. For example I cant play this kinda games, because I play this games to perfection. I tend to believe IM THE CHARACTER, so if I get a thoughts that doesn't go with the game, I tend to get an urge to restart it again, because something tells me that my character had the same kind of thought and that goes against his character and now I Have to restart everything again. I want to overcome this? I believe that thoughts dont equal reality but once I get a bad thought Is really difficult for me to not fall in the urge, that Is restarting the game. What Can I do?
ocdsucks96
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum