Our partner

Please help! Ocd at work thinking i wrote something inapprop

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Please help! Ocd at work thinking i wrote something inapprop

Postby Thatdude109 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 am

work on computer
- job requires taking many of the same notes over and over again
- keep having fears that when I'm tired and not paying attention I accidently wrote words that would get me fired

Plz tell me no one would actually do this while on auto pilot ? But for some reason I still struggle with the fear .

I've even gone back to check my notes and every time they were normal , but I still worry . I am evening on vacation now and worrying about what I wrote even though it's most likely fine. Please help
Thatdude109
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Please help! Ocd at work thinking i wrote something inapprop

Postby SphinxMoth » Sat May 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Hello,

One of the things that used to help and really work for me is visualization. I would visualize myself doing things correctly and say to myself that I have done them correctly. Then I would sit with that correctness for a little while. Later when the intrusive thoughts would come I would close eyes (if possible) and visualize the correctness and its feeling. It was hard at first but was really helpful for when I couldn’t return to a place right away or at all.
Dx: DID, CPTSD, depression.
Three known alters remain.
SphinxMoth
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post