Our partner

Loneliness is making me frustrated + mentally sick

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Loneliness is making me frustrated + mentally sick

Postby misfitzc » Tue May 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi guys. At first I'd like to apologize for my text being dry, I'm not genius or native english speaker.
I'd like to start saying that Im a guy nearing my thirties and I have had mental health problems all my life. I have been diagnosed with major depression, generalized and trauma anxiety, bipolar, and they also think I might have dissociation. I have been living in care home for a bit over a year now and I've done lot of work to progress myself. Most of the symptoms I have are no more and I'm feeling better. I am about to leave to my own apartment this summer, and also I have started seeing a psychotherapist.
My problem, however is that I can't get any friends, for the love of f.. No matter what I do.
I've always had a problem to fit in, I have felt myself as a inbetweener and this has left me extremely lonely. I have zero friends, all my few friends who I used to had have left me because they couldn't bear/didn't understand my illness. I used to have a girlfriend few years ago too, but we broke up. Nothing after that, even if I daily try to search new friendships. It's usually like this; I'm trying to find company or likeminded people from the internet, but no one ever replies to me. If they manage to say hello, after that I ask how they are doing and they just don't answer. That's unbelievable rude, and all women do that. That has led me to great levels of frustration and anger, especially towards women. I'm just wondering what's wrong with me. I feel that people see me as an weird or unpleasant person; even though that I think I am always kind, honest and friendly. The worst of it is not knowing what you have done wrong. Must be something like I can't really communicate or get to same level with people.
My question for you is that could you guys help me to find friends and/or give me some pointers how to communicate with people?
misfitzc
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Loneliness is making me frustrated + mentally sick

Postby misfitzc » Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Seriously, 150 views and no replies? Doesn't anyone want to communicate with me? What the heck am I doing always wrong, I bet there are people laughing their asses off at something I don't understand
misfitzc
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:45 am

Postby SerenityAndWellBeing » Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Your post is very genuine actually, i like it and empathize with. I understand what you mean, unfortunately the good qualities as honesty, being friendly and good manners are too often down to the toilet nowadays. It is the problem of other people being inadequate when they behave like low minded persons. In this modern society there is much confusion, lack of emotional intelligence and superficiality. I would be happy to talk to you and be your friend.
SerenityAndWellBeing
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Postby Isadora » Sat May 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi,
I don’t think people find your post weird or anything, but maybe they just don’t know what to reply. Your description is honest, but quite general. You say you don’t know what you are doing wrong. That no-one ever replies to you. But it is very hard for someone here to give you any insights based on so little information. I would suggest you ask someone who knows you personally if they have any idea why you are struggling with friendships...? It doesn’t need to be a close friend, maybe a colleague or a family member, someone who knows you reasonably well? I think that in this case it would be more helpful to you than seeking advice here because we do not know you.

That being said, one thing that might have an impact is your self-esteem and approach towards yourself and other people. I think that if you have "great levels of anger and frustration", it probably somehow shows and maybe you should work on that attitude. And also, if you keep thinking of yourself as "the one with mental health problems", that does not help either. Your mental health does not define you. Maybe try looking for like-minded people based on your hobbies, interests... Despite the problems you have, there must be lots of other things that connect you to other people, so maybe just think about what they might be.
Isadora
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:45 am

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:10 pm

When I first came to Psych Forums, it was really brave of me to even post something. I feared the worst. But try seeing if you are interested in any of the topics in different forums and you can have some peer support or a conversation. Psych Forums is for members to remain anonymous and it is very much a peer support online forum for mental health.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer