Our partner

need help but terrified of being "treated" again

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

need help but terrified of being "treated" again

Postby yumbby » Sat May 05, 2018 11:16 pm

Long story short. I had a horrible episode when i was 30. Never had dealt with significant childhood trauma. Go to kaiser. they see me for maybe 20 minutes and prescribe paxil. I immediately went into a manic and suicidal state. Not like me. This turned into a whirlwind of them prescribing more and more meds to control the isssues the meds were causing me. Risperadol, lithium, depakote, seroqueal, trazadone, clonopine. I could go on. I got significantly worse with treatment. Ended with me losing my job, my 17 year marriage, everything I owned. I went to therapy recently and they took the Bipolar 1 diagnosis away because the only time I have these issues is on medication. I did a gene swab and found out most arent' cut out for me anyway. but It dosen't fix me. I react badly to medications. My therapist just wants me to move out, which is best but I have zero brain power. I now take only 1 mg of clonopin to sleep. I really need help and don't know what to do.
yumbby
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: need help but terrified of being "treated" again

Postby Riccola » Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi- and welcome to the forum :) I moved this to LWMI to help you get more replies.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: need help but terrified of being "treated" again

Postby shock_the_monkey » Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 pm

from your other posts, i'd say your therapist is right.

there are some experiences in life that you either live with or die from. mine are killing me. i don't highly recommend that.

move out, put this all behind you, and move on with your life.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 am