Our partner

Fear of doing something wrong

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Fear of doing something wrong

Postby B1100 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi all,

I think this topic can fit into many categories, but not sure if this is related to particular illness.

Anyway, why do I have this fear of doing something wrong, although I have been informed it's not wrong?

For example, I am concerned eating chicken eggs will terminate lives. Then I asked whether eating chicken eggs the same as killing. The question is answered, no it's not, because they're unfertilized.

Although the question is answered and I already reassure myself but why do I still have the fear of eating chicken eggs is the same as killing?

Any thoughts will be appreciated, thanks.
B1100
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fear of doing something wrong

Postby shock_the_monkey » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:11 pm

in simple terms, whilst rationally you can understand that battery farmed eggs are sterile, emotionally you still link eggs with life.

now, i don't want to complicate this for you, however, in the battery farming of eggs, chicks are sexed and all the male chicks killed, because they don't produce eggs. also, when the chickens are past their best for laying egg, they are also killed. so, indirectly, buying eggs does lead to the perpetuation of male chicks and chickens being killed. that, sadly, is the nature of the battery farming of eggs.

as a lacto-ovo-vegetarian of 28 years now, i've tried in the past to be fruitarian in order to be happier, from an ethical viewpoint, with my diet. i did it for a year previously, in a rather non-purist way, quite a few years ago but social pressures caused me to slip. i tried again only a year ago and lasted 6 months before i had to give up, because i tried to be too purist and crashed my B12, folate and protein.

at the moment my life has other far more pressing matters for me to deal with. dietary refinement just isn't a critical path. however, i'd like to make some improvements again ... one day.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:30 pm