Our partner

I need help (with my sis)

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I need help (with my sis)

Postby alti0204 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Please don't delete this post if it's in the wrong sub-forum, just move it since i really need anwser.
This isn't about me, it's about my sister.
She sort of disappeared at work last week.
None if her friends knew where she was. We called, she didn't answer, we texted, she didn't reply either.
Then on last Monday her colleague found her in the office. She stayed there for the whole weekend.
She said that it was a relationship problem and everyone shouldn't worry about it.
She's stayed home with us ever since.
It would be a relief if she just had a mental breakdown, but she didn't.

She told my mom that she's aware of staying in the office, like she knew she shouldn't stay there but she can't control herself to leave. She said she heard war noises, hear strange sounds, even heard hymns (In Buhdism, not Christian), she thought about random things, including the thought of our grandfather passing away. And she noticed a bad smell, like a dead corpse somewhere.

My family thinks there's a ghost following her, especially one that died in the war (we used to be at war with the US). She thinks that is a way the company used to test her since she is new, which sounds absurd. But no one has given any thoughts about a psychological reason.
What's your opinion on we she has though, becuase we don't have any ideas.
alti0204
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I need help (with my sis)

Postby wormgirl » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi, alti0204. That situation sounds really scary and confusing. I'm sorry you and your family are going through this. No one on this site is going to be able to tell you what is going on with your sister, unfortunately. Those symptoms are very concerning and she absolutely needs to be evaluated by a mental health professional. From what you've described, she is having hallucinations and possibly some delusional thinking, among other things. These symptoms can be caused by many different things. It is not a ghost. If she's feeling unable to control her own behavior, then this poses a risk to her safety. Will you able to get her evaluated by a mental health professional as soon as possible? Please keep us posted. Take care.
wormgirl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum