Our partner

new member - aspie, dysthymia, anxiety

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

new member - aspie, dysthymia, anxiety

Postby wronggalaxy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:00 am

Hello all,

so I get an automated questionnaire from my health insurance provider (turned out to be phq-2), called into dr office and given phq-9, asked some questions and referred to psychology for counselling and further evaluation.

Diagnosed with dysthymia, gad.

Given lexapro (which did nothing) and eventually diagnosed with Asperger's / high functioning autism and given psychiatrist referral. I am a computer programmer so being formally diagnosed as hfa is a career bonus :mrgreen:

Meds changed several times and put on risperdal after warning about tardive dyskinesia and gynecomastia. risperdal working good for insomnia and sensory overload.

no tardive dyskinesia but a bit of gynecomastia started a bit after a few months (which I'm ok with)

Nice to meet you all.
wronggalaxy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post