Our partner

I Think Something Is Very Wrong

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I Think Something Is Very Wrong

Postby Eclipsekl » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Okay, let's talk about this for a moment. I've been having some serious problems recently, and suddenly, and I have no idea what the heck is going on!

I've been depressed for about all of this, and last, year. But there's been different things going on now and again that scare me silly.

I've done a bit of research, and I find I match up best to the following things; Major Depressive Disorder, Derealization Disorder and some sort of reality disconnection disorder.
I need some help with this, but I don't know where to look or what to do.

I feel, on a frequent: Confused on what reality is, constantly down, extremely disorientated from time to time, major Deja-Vu episodes.

I also experience, on a new frequent: Hour-long episodes of spontaneous actions, inability to remember things, racing mental images and sounds, inability to concentrate for more than five seconds on a subject without my mind going somewhere else, and inability to conceive my mind from reality [E.X's: Did I say that aloud? When did I... What did I...]

Does anyone at all know what the hell is going on? This is just... What?
Eclipsekl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I Think Something Is Very Wrong

Postby Holodeck » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Yup. I have a mood disorder, and derealization. I advice seeing a psychiatrist and perhaps also a psychologist. Psychiatrist can help manage the mood disorder with meds, whereas the psychologist can help with the derealization.
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Postby rms18 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:05 pm

You ever done recreational drugs long term in the past?
rms18
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 am

Postby Jellybeanery » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Yes, I have this. I have Bipolar I along with having dissociation, depersonalization, and derealization. Dissociation happens much more often with me though.

As Holodeck said- see a psychiatrist.
Bipolar I | GAD
Lamotrigine - 400 mg | Clonazepam - 1 mg

Jellybeanery
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views