Our partner

IS THERE HOPE FOR MY CASE

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

IS THERE HOPE FOR MY CASE

Postby samrocheroche » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello all. Recently I've been diagnosed with cyclothemia. I'm 45 years old male, very sociable, charming and charismatic ( according to school teachers, my professors and anyone who deals with me), got hypothyroid and testosterone deficiency, depressed for years, anxiety for years, But I BELIEVE IN MY POTENTIAL AND I KNOW I CAN MAKE IT BIG.

My life has been horrible since I was 18. My misery started when my parents sent me to a boarding school overseas to finish my last two years of high school. I spent most of the time crying, feeling very insecure, down. anyway, at university I was very popular. I hardly studied (procrastination and I am big at that) but when the time for the exams is due I would panic and seek assurance from fellow students. passed it, did two masters, but dropped my Phd at the very final stage because I was sooooo depressed. Only one time in my life (during my phd phase) and after listening to motivational you tube vidoes, I had a break through in my life which lasted only for three months. It was like magical, pure energy that fell on me. Very clear mind, very motivated, high self esteem. I covered in three months what I wasted two years in my Phd. and then everything collapsed.

Ever since, I've been struggling to get that feeling and state again but with no success (I was 27 at the time). Ever since I've been diagnosed with depression, took anti depressants for years and years, but with no effect.

Over the years I listened to those videos thousands of times, read thousands of motivational quotes, articles thousands of times just to get that feeling again, no success. I spend my days and nights doing repeating that I can SUCCEED in life and that although I'm 45 years old with no achievements I still can make it. I get a bit of happy feeling a bit that very quickly diminishes and I go back to the cycle and dilemma of depression, insecurity, FEAR FROM NOT ACHIEVING ANYTHING IN LIFE, anxiety and so on.

Recently, about three weeks ago, one psych. diagnosed me with Cyclothemia. He put me on Lamictal 25 for the first two weeks and raising it to 50 for another two weeks then it's my appointment to see him again. I felt a relief that someone diagnosed me differently, but I'm still down, VERY anxies. I told my psychiatrist that I want to add LITHIUM OROTATE, as I read beautiful things about it. He said he doesn't know about it but I can try it. I started it two weeks ago, sometimes it works, calms me down other times doesn't.

I'm still very very unhappy, very anxious and depressed, I break in tears very often.

I never had suicidal thoughts. but i'm in misery particularly thinking that I haven't achieved anything for my wife and kids so far.

IS THEIR HOPE. HAS ANY BODY BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE. HAVE THEY SUCCEEDED BEATING THIS FEELING BECAUSE I KNOW IF I BEAT THIS FEELING I CAN GET MOTIVATION AND EXCEL IN LIFE.... PLEASE HELP... YOUR PARTICIPATION IS VERY VERY APPRECIATED.
samroche is online now Report Post
samrocheroche
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: IS THERE HOPE FOR MY CASE

Postby Andybee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:40 am

HI bud

What’s your definition of MAKE IT BIG?

I too love all those motivational books and videos etc, but it’s important that the steps you take to get to whatever goal you have in mind are manageable and progressive.

You’re obviously an intelligent person but if you view your life as either as massive success or a doomed failure then that’s gonna be tough!
Andybee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum