Our partner

Has anyone else experienced this?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Has anyone else experienced this?

Postby crier » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:23 pm

My trauma related symptoms suddenly decreased drastically. I had gone two months with them being extremely severe, with every little thing sending me into a flight or fight response mode, and in the past month I've probably only had 2-3 small episodes. I know this is a good thing, but..is it normal for this to happen? Has anyone else had this happen? Will it come back (not that I want it to)?
crier
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Has anyone else experienced this?

Postby rms18 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:32 pm

My adivce is roll with it. Don't overthink about it coming back or you might work yourself up to a point where it does. There is a very good chance you have had a moment clarity which can do wonders for yourself if you can accept it and go with it.
rms18
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby IKnowTheWay » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:16 am

Yeah this happens to me quite often, not just with trauma stuff, but with other mental health things as well. It's like the natural wave of life.
IKnowTheWay
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:39 am

Postby ClevelandRocks » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Is cyclothymia a mental disorder? Is it a disability?
After 9 years of denying I have this disorder, it is strange and new for me to be officially among the 'mentally ill'. This description is most inaccurate and judgemental, full of a shameful stigma. A more apt description is at best synaptically dysfunctional or chemically imbalanced. It makes me feel bad to label myself as 'mentally ill'. Am I? What do you think?
ClevelandRocks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Jellybeanery » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:23 am

ClevelandRocks wrote:Is cyclothymia a mental disorder? Is it a disability?

Cyclothymia is, indeed, a mental illness. It has all the same symptoms of Bipolar II, just not as severe. I don't think it could be qualified as a disability since the symptoms are not as severe as either form of bipolar, and people who have it are usually able to function (they do not experience full-blown mania (as seen in Bipolar I) or meet the criteria for "true" depression). My mom has cyclothymia and she got denied disability. Her depression gets pretty bad, though. Everyone experiences it differently.

It's not very active, but there is a cyclothymia thread here:

cyclothymia/
Bipolar I | GAD
Lamotrigine - 400 mg | Clonazepam - 1 mg

Jellybeanery
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies