Our partner

*** How are you feeling today? ***

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Re: *** How are you feeling today? ***

Postby Manners73 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:23 pm

I'm OK.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Manners73 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:01 pm

Well I was OK until I just remembered I've got a ######6 Christmas Dinner to cook.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AprilR » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:35 pm

I'm fired from my job. I have 2 friends maybe and never had a boyfriend. I want to die after my parents die.
AprilR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby benjoy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:40 am

I feel even more worrying because of the corona virus.
benjoy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:49 pm

Postby LisaPisa » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:46 pm

I have been waking up with anxiety about my life although nothing is really happening right now. I am feeling extremely indecisive. I feel like a kid not being about to choose which flavour of candy I want. Except this is really serious, I need to decide whether to retain a lawyer to go after someone who has scammed me. I am not sure if it's to sooth my own ego or to either get the product they promised or my money back. The ironic thing is, the scammer knows I won't spend more on a lawyer than the worth of the product I never got. Who would, unless they were just trying to prove a point? It seems like every move I make there's another counter move but he knows the end of the game and I don't because I don't have all the facts. I've called the police on him but oddly they think it's a civil matter. But generally speaking, a fraud or scam is misrepresenting a deal where one person gets a large amount of money but doesn't offer the payer the product they promised.

Anyway, I have so much time in my day that I just spend it watching Mayday or true crime shows. Whenever I think of my problems I immediately switch to which show I want to watch instead of doing something about it. I get extreme anxiety when I need to read emails. Sometimes I wait weeks to answer back. Not because I'm lazy, but because I can't handle the horrible feelings I get when I need to deal with a real problem. Sometimes I feel like someone is going to physically hurt me. Perhaps that's from my childhood when physical abuse was commonplace. There were several times my mother could have killed me. I wonder if my depression is not only from the abuse but perhaps even brain damaged sustained from her punching me in the head everyday.

Also, I noticed lately I'm having trouble actually putting my words down on paper, so to speak. I am misspelling words at the first go more often and I wonder if I early Alzheimers is setting in or if I'm just too depressed to concentrate. Either way, my medication is not working as well as it used to. Only one mediation has ever really worked for me and that was Mirtzapine. For the first time I actually felt happy. However, I gained over 30lbs the first month I was on it and it was wrecking my liver. My ggt and other enzymes were through the roof and the doctors thought I was binge drinking. lol. (I don't drink).

I sometimes go on yahoo answers and offer answers to people, especially those feeling really down. I feel like that helps my depression sometimes. At least I'm not chronically depressed like I have been in the past. Sure, I'm unmotivated and blah, but I'm not so severely depressed that I'm hopeless.
At least summer is coming. That will help a lot of us, I think. :D
LisaPisa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:49 am

Postby LisaPisa » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:55 pm

quietgirl2538 wrote:I feel relieved and relaxed because yesterday I learned of a place that delivers groceries for you. I tried it out for the first time and I love it! I always dread going to such busy places where you can't move around easily because there are so many shoppers and then there are long waiting lines at times, so I got someone to do my shopping for me. :D

I enjoy going shopping, especially these days since it gives me an excuse to get out of the house. The lines are pretty long now, much like those pics you see of the Great Depression. I guess delivery is okay except you can't choose from the 50% bakery rack! Maybe that's a good thing considering my gym is closed too.
LisaPisa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby zoeyw » Wed May 13, 2020 7:50 am

I never expected to find a simple thread like this here. I need such a place on occasion.
I am tired. I am trying to cope with a nephew who is staying with me as he and his mum had a falling out. I like him and he's a good chap, but he is in a bad place. Girlfriend moved on, classes are all online which means he cannot hang around with his friends, and home is loud and crazy. This is a good deductive reasoning example, like my math-inclined ex-boyfriend would say, but this is not in math but in psychiatry. The blues have hit my nephew and he has to wade out of it. We can only be supportive and cheer him up. In the meantime the shortage of sleep is not helping.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu May 14, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
zoeyw
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby brainchem » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:40 am

well, every day now is struggle for me, i go to bed late and wake up late, it only makes the ocd and depression worse i know, but i'm kinda in a place where i give up and don't have the strength to fight anymore plus i'm off the meds for a while against for some reason and my mental anguish is kinda qua-tripled, but i started writing in this forum to day to share and express and get out of my shell so hey, that a good thing right,
keep up the good work guys
mental malfunction is a very hard thing to deal with unlike normal physical ("obvious") illness.
brainchem
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Rambo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 am

I woke up really depressed today and i was crying. Life isn't enjoyable at this moment. I do know how it feels to feel good though and i have been through this before so i can see a light at the end of the tunnel sometimes. I just gotta keep fighting and not give up. I have thought about giving up many times but like i said i can see the light. Gotta engage that warrior mentality!

Hope you all are doing well. <3
Rambo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Postby AndromedaHorse » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Today was supposed to be a good day. But it ended up being bad. It always does. I thought I would be happy, but it somehow went downhill. Being oversensitive to people's comments is a curse. I am waiting for this feeling to fade away soon. It will go away, I know. I hope you all have a good day, though. :)
AndromedaHorse
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post