Our partner

I think there is something wrong with me

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I think there is something wrong with me

Postby RobBee » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:16 pm

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area)
Anyways I'm a teenager and I believe there is something wrong with me. My dad recently came into my room and kept asking me if I was alright and why I don't like to talk to anyone. I told him that I wasn't sure why which lead me to making a account on here. Can you guys tell me what's wrong with me? I seem to not want to talk to anyone including my family members and when they try and help me I get angry and say I don't want their help. Also I get very angry at everything very easily (Simple everyday things). I'm no longer interested in things I used to be crazy for. I've noticed that I can no longer sleep I lay in bed every night for hours until I fall asleep. I am sad for most of the day crying at least once and it's over small things! And I was thinking about committing suicide,but I decided not to. I honestly don't know if its depression or something else please help me. And if you are wondering I'm not sure when I started feeling this way.

Thanks for helping!
RobBee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I think there is something wrong with me

Postby Virginia1995 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 am

Dear RobBee, only a psychologist can give you a diagnosis (it that's what you're looking for). anyway, if you are a teenager I can tell you that it's quite normal to feel that way - sad, angry, specially with your parents and adults in general. I know it sucks. You shouldn't worry about your mental health, but if you think that there might be something else you should consult a therapist.
RobBee wrote:I've noticed that I can no longer sleep I lay in bed every night for hours until I fall asleep.

I suggest you to try some relaxation techinques. Autogenic training has been very useful for me.
Virginia1995
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:17 pm

Postby Oliveira » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:12 am

Is there a chance you're simply an introvert? (That's hardly a diagnosis of course ;) Just my own experience, I'm an introvert too.)
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:17 pm

Postby Miz_Know_It_All_1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:13 am

Hey There-
It sounds to me you have some bad depression going on. I have had depression since I am young. Classic signs are crying, losing interest in things you used to have interest in, insomnia. You don't have to live like that. Plz see a therapist or other mental help professional. Don't let anyone try to talk you out of your feelings. You are the only one who has the authority to describe your emotions.

I'm not a psych professional :).
Miz Know It All
(My name is my aspiration)

Major Depression, GAD, panic disorder, OCD-D part, alcoholic (recovery) not all the above at once (usually).
Miz_Know_It_All_1
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:17 am

Postby Rahul123 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:50 pm

Dear Robbie, start outings with friends. You will feel better and helps to get rid of this issue. Try it once, you will get results in just a few days.
Rahul123
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post