Our partner

Anxiety -> Depression -> Abusive Thoughts

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: thegentlepath

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Anxiety -> Depression -> Abusive Thoughts

Postby InkShards » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:01 pm

I don't know is this is the right thread for this post but oh well.

I have a noticed a cycle with me. I get anxiety about something and it just keeps replaying in my mind. Then it turns into depression and if the emotions get too much I end up either biting myself or get frustrated that I would want to hurt someone (mostly animals). I just took a clonopin to calm me down enough to type this in order to get information.

I have high functioning Autism, which is like between aspergers and autism. But since this is more emotional related I posted here.

I've been trying to get out of this rut for awhile and maybe I just want some one to talk to and hear me out more then anything. Maybe get some anicdotal advise or just some one who has felt the cycle of Anxiety turning into depression and then turning into negative, harmful thoughts.

-Thanks
InkShards
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anxiety -> Depression -> Abusive Thoughts

Postby Oliveira » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Hello,

I moved your post to Living With Mental Illness forum leaving a shadow, which means that people from both forums can read and respond. Hopefully you get some useful responses!
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Anxiety -> Depression -> Abusive Thoughts

Postby forbiddenskills » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:50 am

"I have a noticed a cycle with me. I get anxiety about something and it just keeps replaying in my mind. Then it turns into depression and if the emotions get too much I end up either biting myself or get frustrated that I would want to hurt someone."

Wow!Never seen anyone describing the states they are going through in their mind.You have almost given the solution yourself.

I am new here and i don't know a lot of things but let me try my thing of decoding the Thought Patterns and come out with a solution here....

So Already you know that the reason you Bite yourself is because 'You get anxious about something and you keep it replaying in your head' and it cycles.

The solution is to put the brakes on this cycle and stop this cycle reaching its endpoint.

Now let's attack the root and make it weak.

You cannot stop getting anxious about something.I can help but it is a lot of hardwork.
But you can Stop 'Replaying' stuff in your mind....and thus put brakes on your cycle before you Bite yourself or get Frustrated.

Try the Following NLP technique to delete a Anxiety causing thought from your mind.

Sit in a comfortable position and think about the anxiety causing incident that happened to you.Let it play like a movie in your mind.When your movie ends….start playing it backwards….ie Form the point where the movie ends start playing it to the point it started.
Then Start playing the Movie again in reverse and in the middle make the movie play in black and white….then let grains appear in that mental movie….then shrink the whole movie in to the center,so that it is gone.
Break state(Go to do something else,drink a cup of water etc...)

I may sound crazy if you are new to NLP but i doubt if you will say that if you can make yourself to do what i said atleast once.
forbiddenskills
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post