Our partner

I'm proud of myself today because...

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I'm proud of myself today because...

Postby evenlife » Tue May 24, 2016 2:08 am

So, this thread is for everyone to share why they're feeling proud of themselves and show some positivity.

I'm gonna start: I'm proud of myself today because I managed my anxiety for a couple hours this morning and was able to study for my tuesday test
repeat after me: i can and i will. i may not get there right away. i may fail multiple or even hundreds of times. but i am going to pick myself back up and eventually get to the point i want to be at in my life.
dx OCD, GAD and SAD
Mental Health blog: https://idontscream.wordpress.com/
evenlife
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm proud of myself today because...

Postby Zenfinity » Tue May 24, 2016 3:03 am

Nice thread. I'm proud if myself today because of all the gratitude for all the positive things happening in my life which are helping me to recover such as logging into this site and realizing it's not just about me.

Although there was an extremely traumatic experience as well as delusional thinking reality is there's no possible way to note all of the great people I'm meeting in life and great things happening. I'm exactly where I need to be in life at this moment and so very grateful.
Zenfinity
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Postby blessthefall » Fri May 27, 2016 6:35 am

I'm proud of myself today because I realized that I do not have to be ashamed of or hide from myself the antisocial-esque tendencies and interests that people have been repressing and invalidating my whole life. They always told me I would be a bad person if I didn't care about violence, and so accepting that I don't care and accepting that I even think it's kind of cool has let me open up a lot to being kinder to others; I feel so much less isolated, and thus so much less angry, so much more connected to every other person who has acceptable feelings, simply by acknowledging that those interests are not bad in and of themselves.
you can call me Terror
BPD // AsPD // color Ideasthesia
Aries Moon // Mercury Retrograde // Venus and Earth Dominants
Infant-Scholar Soul
the flame that is fast to light is also the quickest to burn out
blessthefall
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:14 am

Postby struitt » Fri May 27, 2016 4:52 pm

I'm proud of myself today because I was able to successfully put into practice skills learned in psychotherapy!
struitt
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Postby struitt » Sat May 28, 2016 12:48 am

I'm proud of myself today because I was able to successfully put into practice skills learned in psychotherapy!
struitt
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Oliveira » Sat May 28, 2016 7:29 am

I'm proud of myself today because of my perseverance -- I finally managed to fall asleep on one sleeping pill, and a few days ago I still needed 2.5. I've been working trying to lower the amount and it looks like it finally works!
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:14 am

Postby ThatOneWeirdo » Sat May 28, 2016 10:23 pm

I'm proud of myself today because I...uh...got out of bed today?
ThatOneWeirdo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Postby evenlife » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:24 am

I'm proud of myself today because I was able to talk to my friends again, I'm still feeling soso but I'm better
Also I found this on tumblr and I thought you guys might like it:
http://66.media.tumblr.com/b2b0092b0f17aed30e100fec1aa72c71/tumblr_myyc48RWpI1qzxruho1_1280.jpg
repeat after me: i can and i will. i may not get there right away. i may fail multiple or even hundreds of times. but i am going to pick myself back up and eventually get to the point i want to be at in my life.
dx OCD, GAD and SAD
Mental Health blog: https://idontscream.wordpress.com/
evenlife
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:44 pm

Postby Oliveira » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:54 pm

I love that tumblr picture!

I am proud of myself today because I am on short vacation and I managed not to turn it into an exercise in avoiding people. :)
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:14 am

Postby HelpIsHere777 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:24 pm

I am proud of myself today because I have lived with bipolar disorder for 15 years now and went from a life of drugs, alcohol, sex, panic attacks, anxiety and suicidal thoughts to maintaining a stable life with a wife and two daughters, owning a home, keeping a good job and using everything I've learned throughout the years to battle my demons. There's always hope.
HelpIsHere777
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post