Our partner

Disilbilites

Learning Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Disilbilites

Postby moonstar » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:18 pm

How many of you have 1 or more disibiltes? I have Learning disilblite, OCD and I might have Auistm but I am not sure. :(
moonstar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 22, 2022 5:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby mia sexy genius » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:49 am

name: Laura

learning disabilities: visual processing problems
auditory processing problems
obsessive-compulsive processing problems
slow processing speed
ADHD

other learning problems: Asperger syndrome
Tourette syndrome

we're both in the same boat! 8)

Li'l Dragonfly
mia sexy genius
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby mia sexy genius » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:52 am

BTW Asperger syndrome and Tourette syndrome are types of Autism if you've never heard of them
mia sexy genius
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Disabilties

Postby livy loo loo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:54 pm

:oops:
Hey,
I have mutiple disabilties meaning I am Dyslexic, Dyspraxic, and have an oral disorder too but dont sound it at times. I feel ashamed and alone sometimes. It affects my mental health and I feel anxious terribly and depressed.
How does everyone else feel. I am not used to it. I was recently diagnosed.

Livy Loo Loo
livy loo loo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby runaway32 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:37 pm

I have 3 different vision problems. 1. I focus my eyes to look in front of an object instead of where it actually is, therefore thinking the object is closer than it really is. 2. I try to use my left eye more up close and my right eye more far away. 3. I cannot focus on something for very long or things will start moving, like the letters in a book. I wear regular near sighted glasses, but they stop working within 3 months after I get new ones. So now I go to vision therapy to try to train my eyes to see correctly. They say it's not the way I see, but the way I am using my eyes. Most eye doctors don't check for these kinds of problems, and I didn't know what was wrong with me until I went through a full 2 hour test. Is anyone else really behind in school because of a learning disability? It is really hard for me to read, and I failed Algebra II last year because of mine.
runaway32
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun May 22, 2022 12:34 am

Postby butterflykisses8 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:11 pm

I have a learning disabilty and get angry about it at times. I had sent most of my school years in specail ed. It was not hard for me but to easy and I wanted to go into other classes out of specail ed. I taught class sometimes because I always had my work done. Now I don't know what I can do and to afraid to try.
butterflykisses8
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 22, 2022 7:34 am

Postby lonelyranger » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:54 pm

I have Tourette Syndrome, OCD, and ADHD. A few psychiatrist have also diagnosed me with asperger syndrome but I'm not sure if I agree with the diagnosis. My siter has Auditory Processing Disorder, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and possibly bipolar or ADHD.

butterflykisses8-I can really relate. I attended a school for students with mental illness and although we have a very individualized curriculum for a while I was never really challenged however I talked with the counselor and skipped ahead 1.5 grades which has helped tons. Even though the work was more difficult my grades were higher because it was easier for me to focus on new material.

runaway32- My sister has gotten behind in school because of her learning disabilities even though she is very smart and creative. Sometimes it seems like her teachers overlook the bright child with a differant learning style and try to get her to learn how they see a child "should" learn. That really bothers me. A lot of my elementery school teachers didn't understand my tics. I was constantly getting in trouble for "figiting" "shaking my head" and "laughing for no reason." I hated it.

mia sexy genius-Good to meet a fellow touretter! I have been trying desperately to meet others with TS. Just wanted to let you know though that tourette syndrome isn't a form of autism, it's a tic disorder. Asperger Syndrome is a mild form of autism though ;).
There is Hope
lonelyranger
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby flipper-lovesmusic » Sat May 24, 2008 9:33 pm

well i have autism, MLD and dyspaxia. thats a lot for a 18 yr old.

i was diagnosed with dyspaxia 2001. LD 2001 and autism at age of 13.
flipper-lovesmusic
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Re: Disilbilites

Postby JusticeXI » Mon May 02, 2022 5:04 pm

I have so many disabilities that one would think I'm cursed. Each with their own challenges, but I would have to say being Bipolar is the hardest to treat and to cope with. Here's my list below.

1. Dyslexia - I have difficulty in accurately reading words. Not able to understand what I'm reading. I transpose letters instantly, Like " Deep Jazzy" to "Jeep Dazzy" and numbers, especially four digits 2346 to 2364.

2. Learning Disabilities - Reading and writing compression - I failed 2nd grade for this reason.

3. Hypothyroidism - I have an underactive thyroid that increases my sensitivity to cold weather and causes fatigue, moody, weak and tired just to name a few. (Cross Symptom)
4. Raynaud's Disease - My blood vessels in my wrist shrink which restricts blood flow to my hands and sometimes my feet. This is triggered when the weather drops more than 10 degrees. It could be 70 or 40 it doesn't matter. It's much more manageable in warmer climates. (Cross Symptom)

5. Tinnitus - A condition with a constant ringing in both ears. Mine sound like crickets that never stop. The first two years were so bad getting used to it that I just wanted to kill myself. (no cure)

6. Hearing Disease - I have deteriorating nerves or degenerative nerve disease. Exposure to loud music or big bangs like fireworks. Alcoholism is another culprit. (Cross Symptom)

7. Alcoholism Disease - Almost died from this disease twice. Started drinking at the age of 12 and didn't stop until I was 49 years old. Ended up in a coma at the age of 16th and was diagnosed with Cancer at the age 50.

8. Bipolar 1 with hypomania with Manic depression - This is the worst disease of them all. I'm an emotional rollercoaster with Suicidal Ideolgy.

9. Scoliosis Disability - Is the curvature of the spine in an S shape. Causes back pain sometimes.

10. Metastasized Cancer - Metastatic cancer occurs when cancer cells break off from the original tumor, enter your bloodstream or lymph system.
JusticeXI
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat May 21, 2022 9:34 pm

Return to Learning Disorders