Our partner

Random Thoughts... I wanna hear 'em!

Forget about mental illness for a while and just let loose in here.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: Random Thoughts... I wanna hear 'em!

Postby LostRed » Sun May 15, 2011 3:27 am

Rango is a masterpiece of a movie. Also, God is exactly like Clint Eastwood. Probably.
What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul? - Jesus Christ

Let us not pray for easier lives. Let us pray to be stronger men.- John F. Kennedy
LostRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (8)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Arbie Wun » Sun May 15, 2011 3:49 am

I sometimes feel like I am drowning in my own thoughts....
The bright light at the end of a dark tunnel could be an oncoming train, but it could also be the way out of the darkness...
Arbie Wun
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:59 pm

Postby Iwoya » Sun May 15, 2011 6:40 am

Are humans aquatic apes? Is that why we don't have fur like the rest of the primates? We all evolved in the same place yet only we lost the fur. Is it because we went into the water? Is that why there's such a gap in the fossil records for human evolution? Is that why our fat is different than the great apes? Ours is far more similar to aquatic mammals than apes. Just wondering.
Sleep is my drug….my bed is my dealer and my alarm clock is the police.

MDD, SAD, AvPD, BPD - currently untreated

Forum Rules
Iwoya
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Arbie Wun » Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 am

Iwoya, I think we lost our fur because we developed our own interchangable fur (clothing) and we have developed differently to our great ape relatives in many ways for we have had our feet and hands change as well as the way our bodies are built and this includes our fat, muscles and skeletal systems. Each have modified over the millenia to the form we are today but, that form is far different from the form of 2 centuries ago and 2 centuries before that.
The bright light at the end of a dark tunnel could be an oncoming train, but it could also be the way out of the darkness...
Arbie Wun
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LostRed » Sun May 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Yeah, but we had to lose the fur before we would make clothes. We lost the fur from having extremely poor cleanliness habits.

Source
What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul? - Jesus Christ

Let us not pray for easier lives. Let us pray to be stronger men.- John F. Kennedy
LostRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arbie Wun » Mon May 16, 2011 4:34 am

I honestly dunno about that 'Red' if that is the case then why with our modern cleaner habits and constant bathing doesn't the fur grow back to add extra warth and reduce our need for clothing? I think maybe it was a mix of reasons that resulted in the loss of our 'fur' and the fact we began using other animals fur and our poor cleanliness may have combined to cause this but I don't know.
Arbie Wun
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LostRed » Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Arbie Wun wrote:I honestly dunno about that 'Red' if that is the case then why with our modern cleaner habits and constant bathing doesn't the fur grow back to add extra warth and reduce our need for clothing? I think maybe it was a mix of reasons that resulted in the loss of our 'fur' and the fact we began using other animals fur and our poor cleanliness may have combined to cause this but I don't know.

Ah, true. Probably a combination. I dunno, I'm no biologist or anything.

LostRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arbie Wun » Mon May 16, 2011 11:52 pm

I am a BAAAAAAD boy...
Arbie Wun
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby fiveintime » Tue May 17, 2011 1:46 am

Yes, yes, you are Arbie. You should be ashamed, very ashamed. Feel bad.

Random thought...

Wife and I both separately, unknowingly bought groceries at the same time yesterday. She looked at me a little weird when I started singing the Tetris song while creatively stacking things in the fridge. I was kind of wondering... if I had a long thin jug of milk and an egg or two, maybe I could make a whole row disappear. :D Of course, then I'd have no food at all. :(
I'm not crazy. My reality is just different from yours.
fiveintime
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Arbie Wun » Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 am

Thanks "Five" ... I am feeling very very BAD indeed.... :twisted:
Arbie Wun
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Just For Fun

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post