Our partner

What are you listening to?

Forget about mental illness for a while and just let loose in here.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Oblivion » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:23 pm

Damn The Torpedoes was a very good album.

^some little surf band (Sun Angle) I found on bandcamp.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:54 pm

Oblivion wrote:Damn The Torpedoes was a very good album.

Yes it was. I had issues with Tom Petty closer to the end of his life- personal issues (I don't mean I knew him personally ofc, merely I took issue with some of his statements and took them personally), but I remember the glory days with fondness. He ought never to have moved to L.A.

Oblivion wrote:^some little surf band (Sun Angle) I found on bandcamp.

Well that has expanded my definition of 'surf'.... surf? Surf....

Has me thinking of Beatles with the odd sounds. Also has me tempted to record it into Audacity and run it backwards.

Well with Summer waning, I'd best get with it. When I think of Sweet, I think of summers at the skating rink...

Wig Wam Bam- Sweet
https://youtu.be/ZyBFxjmJPqk

Damn, I sure ######6 miss the Seventies.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Oblivion » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Long live the Sweet! ( I guess).
"Fox On The Run" was one of the first singles I ever bought.

As for Sun Angle, those guitars sound surfy to me. They're tagged as surf on Bandcamp anyway.

Now that we're almost through the filthy glaze of deep August and the days are getting noticeably shorter it's time to indulge in the bastard stepchildren of The Last by wallowing in the mighty Descendents (and all their incarnations).

-- Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:13 pm --

Snaga wrote:Yes it was. I had issues with Tom Petty closer to the end of his life- personal issues (I don't mean I knew him personally ofc, merely I took issue with some of his statements and took them personally)

Let me guess....another right wing nazi?
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Snaga » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:53 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy GOWD!!!!!!!!

ABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBA!!!!!!!!!

They're baaaaack!!!!

I Still Have Faith In You- ABBA
https://youtu.be/pAzEY1MfXrQ

Don't Shut Me Down- ABBA
https://youtu.be/uHU48c-dtqk

ABBA'S BACK AND THEY STILL SOUND LIKE ABBA!!!!

YYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Oh and I listened to those Descendants, I esp liked the Beatles cover.

Oblivion wrote:Let me guess....another right wing nazi?

Huh? No Nazis. Tom just moved to Cali and forgot he was supposed to be a Southerner, that's all.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Oblivion » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:53 pm

Snaga wrote:Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy GOWD!!!!!!!!

ABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBABBA!!!!!!!!!

They're baaaaack!!!!

Yes, the internet seems to be reverberating with this news today. I'm no ABBA expert, but they sound as if they've still got it.

I felt like you do when after running their course (including a string of unspeakably abysmal records in the 90's), X came back last year with one of the best albums of their career. It's true apparently that Old Punks Never Die since their ages average out to 68 years. Yet they can still do this:

And the story behind Descendents' "9th and Walnut" is equally amazing: they dug up co-founder Frank Navetta, dragged the lake for vocalist Milo, and recorded a bunch of songs written (All by Navetta) back in 1979 with (almost) the original lineup. Who does that? And they're louder and more obnoxious than they were on the classic and unbeatable "Milo Goes to College" lp. It's like a time warp within a time warp.

They did a similar thing in 1990 when original bassist Tony Lombardo rejoined the band, which had evolved into ALL, and recorded a bunch of Lombardo's songs.

Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby 8888 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:16 am

If I Were a Boy- Reba McEntire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWCZB08UW0
Consumer 3
Consumer 3