Our partner

What are you listening to?

Forget about mental illness for a while and just let loose in here.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:21 pm

I'm listening to Oblivion trying to telepathically communicate with me. Something about cheese and toenails?
Email me if you want a doughnut
ImageImageImage

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:26 am

Cheese and toenails....

Oblivion wrote:Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law?

Just a Bird man flying a Bird of Prey....

Let's get serviced....

Telephone Man- Meri Wilson
https://youtu.be/ndwIxHkVIkE

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Snaga » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:31 pm

Hot off the video press...

Witch's Spell- AC/DC
https://youtu.be/UTPKMpX9qPg

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby 8888 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:47 pm

Girls Just Want To Have Fun- Cyndi Lauper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Snaga » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:53 am

8888 wrote:Girls Just Want To Have Fun- Cyndi Lauper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Oh I like Cyndi.

I also like the second version she did, the Reggaesque Hey Now (Girls Just Want To Have Fun) I do believe I have that album (Twelve Deadly Cyns...And Then Some) and that version is also featured in To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar... which ofc I have because how could I not have that soundtrack, right?

So I got to thinking about that and another one I overplay from the Wong Foo CD...

I am the body beautiful - Rachel Portman & Salt-N-Pepa - To Wong Foo Version
https://youtu.be/xZ6MH_oSZJE

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Oblivion » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:09 pm

There are no words for how much I love this song. It always puts me in a good mood. I've probably listened to it 10,000 times since I first bought the ep in 1983.

Secret V's are another lost band, one of many that recorded only a handful of songs and then disappeared into obscurity, probably off to college to heed the call of capitalism. What a waste. I do know that the bass player went on a successful career in rockabilly, and another member went on to produce music all through the 80's.

Often tagged as power pop, I'd say it's closer to pop punk. Either way, it's perfect: after a bouncy intro you get three verses with a killer refrain (clipped short the first time), a screaming bridge, a reprise of the intro and another verse/refrain...all in under two minutes!

I firmly believe that no pop song should ever be longer than two minutes.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Snaga » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:57 pm

They sure are obscure- I found little about them online. That's of course what makes it better!

Oblivion wrote:I firmly believe that no pop song should ever be longer than two minutes.

<3

For me, one of the things that makes a perfect pop song 'perfect', is that it's not long enough. It should leave you wanting more but at the same time, you know making it longer would ruin it. Even if I might sometimes listen to the same song three or four times on repeat because.. it's not long enough.... which is one of the things that makes it perfect... that makes me listen to it three or four times in a row.... because it's not long enough... which is one of the things that make it perfect.....

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Snaga » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:10 pm

I was looking through an online wish list of mine and came across a song title I'd saved and I didn't immediately recognise the name so went on YT and oh yeah an instrumental that was big in the 60s that as a child I really loved: Ti Guarderò Nel Cuore (I Will Look In Your Heart, if Google can be trusted)- otherwise known as the theme to a movie I've never seen. Theme from Mondo Cane. I wager a lot of folks my age and older know the tune but don't know it's a movie theme.

Otherwise known as More, in the English lyrical version- acc'd to Wiki it was composed as an instrumental, then lyrics were written later, first in Italian, then later in English.

I was going to find a nice instrumental version of it- that's how I remember it- however, no telling who all's covered it or whose version would fit my childhood memory, but I found myself kinda meh and then got curious as to vocal covers and first landed on one by Roy Orbison which is pretty good but then I checked out The Supremes performing it on Ed Sullivan and old television lit off a little nuclear light bulb in my head and my epiphany consisted of Damn I'm a freaking idiot- where does a person go for this kinda light fluffy stuff? Well, Lawrence Welk, of course. You don't get more wonderfully White Bread than some Welk.

Featuring the lovely Lennon Sisters.

An' a One An' a Two.....

More (Theme from Mondo Cane)- The Lennon Sisters/Lawrence Welk Orchestra
https://youtu.be/kvhXaiVARuk

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Oblivion » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:53 pm

Snaga wrote:For me, one of the things that makes a perfect pop song 'perfect', is that it's not long enough. It should leave you wanting more but at the same time, you know making it longer would ruin it. Even if I might sometimes listen to the same song three or four times on repeat because.. it's not long enough.... which is one of the things that makes it perfect... that makes me listen to it three or four times in a row.... because it's not long enough... which is one of the things that make it perfect.....

:D

Here's an example of a good song that goes on too long. By the time it's over, you're almost tired of the hooks.

Snaga wrote:

The two in the middle don't look as happy as the two on the ends. Methinks they had a catfight right before they performed. The dark side of show business rears its ugly head once again.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Snaga » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:39 pm

Oblivion wrote:Here's an example of a good song that goes on too long. By the time it's over, you're almost tired of the hooks.

Yeah it does drag out a little.

Other than Weird Science, I don't know much Oingo Boingo, though in poking around I did enjoy Stay and figure I've heard it before back in the day.
[/quote] Although I notice it does go a tad long, also. I like them to be about three, three and a half minutes, unless it's some kind of rock opera or prog rock.

I couldn't watch that Stay video without grinning- especially Danny Elfman's grin in the video- I always picture him from The Forbidden Zone:

Because of that movie (I guess that's what it is yes I've seen it yes it's a film no I'm not sure about the word 'Movie') I always glom onto his name in movie credits- seems as if he's done a bunch, especially with Tim Burton- which seems totally unsurprising and appropriate.

Edited to add yeah the two middle Lennon Sisters don't look quite as happy, now that you think about it. The one on the far left (Janet I think) was the one I was mostly staring at- she reminds me vaguely of my girl Lesley Gore in the face.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Just For Fun

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post