Our partner

What are you listening to?

Forget about mental illness for a while and just let loose in here.

Moderator: Tyler

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Snaga » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:06 am

Oblivion wrote:Pity me.
Not a bad song, but it's too much. It sounds how putting six tablespoons of sugar on your frosted flakes would taste.

Ohhh too much sugar? I don't know how old you are- maybe you had to be there. I'm sure there are people who don't care for it, we all have our individual tastes, after all!

Oblivion wrote:Good eighties pop! I never heard of them. EIghties music comforts me.

Well I'm not surprised you haven't- glad you enjoyed it! Back in the 80s I was blessed with being within signal of a Christian radio station that would pull out the good stuff on the weekends- otherwise I'd never have known of Servant- or Rez Band; Undercover; The 77s; Stryper; Jerusalem... others as well, some forgotten- but those were my favorite Xtian groups. Servant and the 77s I'd group together. Rez Band was hard rock, as Jerusalem. Undercover started out kinda New Wave, but I think they went into a Grunge kind of sound- not my thing, but I liked it when they were kinda campy New Wave/bubblegum Punk. Stryper fed the metal beast: that's still the loudest darn concert I've ever been to, and my ears ring just thinking about it. You know, head-in-a-jet-engine loud. They were known for that. Good times.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 1:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:01 am

Been meaning to post this one for a few days.

I hadn't heard this song- indeed, anything by Rainbow, in a coon's age.

Anyway, completely forgot all their songs- then suddenly I'm hearing them everywhere on the classic rock channels online. That's one of those times you hear something you ain't heard for ages, and it hits you Hey!! I know this!!! And suddenly you're back to the time you heard it. This song got lots of airplay in my neck of the woods.

Since You've Been Gone- Rainbow
https://youtu.be/1P17ct4e5OE

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Snaga » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:21 am

While we're in the same time period...

I ain't posted no Knack.

The Knack- Get it!

At least, I don't think I have.

The cleaned up radio version is presented- my greatest hits CD has something rather different- and if I recall... the album rock station would play the dirty version- as it was presumably on the album- because back in the day before soulless corporate bean-counters took over, there was a radio format known as Album Rock- they played it, like it was on the LP. Heck, on the late night weekends, they'd play the entire LP, first song of the A side, to the last song of the B side. Commercial free.

But the Top 40 stations played the neutered version. Which didn't have any words the swear filter here would catch, but is a wee bit more explicit- at least, for the day it was considered raunchy. However, being as this is PF and I'm an admin....

We're playing the radio edit.

Even if she does, she'll tell you that..

Good Girls Don't- The Knack
https://youtu.be/Sc4l5EpCMEc

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Snaga » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:19 pm

While we're in this genre... I always mentally threw Cheap Trick in the same basket as The Knack.

Well, I guess also The Cars. I always associate them with the same time period of my life, and sort of similar sounds sometimes.

Well, here's one from Cheap Trick.

I don't know if it's coincidence (and I'm looking into it)but the theme song for That 70s Show sure does remind me of this song. And well, I think Cheap Trick was the ones who sang it (but they didn't write it) from Season.. 2 on, if I read the That 70s Show wiki right.

Was That 70s Show really like the 70's? Yes and no. Either way, Jackie Burkhart is my spirit animal. Unless I'm irritated, then, well- it's Red Forman. My foot. Your ass.

And I doubt anyone has noticed, but my link to the forum rules is, except for the parenthesis, a direct Red Forman quote from that show.

But I digress. For now, Mommy's all right, and so is Daddy.

Surrender (Live From Budokan!)- Cheap Trick
https://youtu.be/ZbkypX1OhZ0

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:50 pm

That's Cheap Trick's best song. Amazing band
Email me if you want a doughnut
ImageImageImage

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 2:31 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Snaga » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Tyler wrote:That's Cheap Trick's best song. Amazing band

Probably my favorite. Followed of course, by I Want You To Want Me. Back in the day, I Want You To Want Me got a tremendous amount of airplay. First the single; then when they came out with a live version of it, it hit the airwaves in that form all over again. The same thing happened with The Kinks' Lola. Middle to later 70s or early 80s, whatever, they came out with the live version of Lola and the rock station played it to death. In fact it's the live version on the greatest hits CD. As a result, those are a couple songs where the studio and live versions both conjure up different feelings in me- associating one period of my life with one, then another period of my life with the other. Music is like this tapestry that is woven into my life, a tapestry that is also like a ticker tape- it keeps changing, and you can refer back along it and be like oh yeah! Suddenly it brings back an echo of times past in my life. Where I can almost smell and taste the time. Music sends me back in a more complete fashion, than any amount of trying to remember a moment of time can do, without the music. The closest thing to a time machine I'll ever experience.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Snaga » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:56 am

Keepin' it simple today- no long story behind it.

The Clash's cover of Bobby Fuller's old tune

I Fought The Law- The Clash
https://youtu.be/yhcreVY_qLI

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby CammieMe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 am

https://youtu.be/TuWyMLkrq44

Jesse J! Nobody's Perfect
Last edited by Snaga on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link changed to a radio edit of the song because of language- also a reminder to everyone that content that would be censored out of posts, also apply to external links, thanks
CammieMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Previous

Return to Just For Fun

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post