Our partner

I've never had COVID as far as I know

Forget about mental illness for a while and just let loose in here.

Moderator: Tyler

I've never had COVID as far as I know

Postby Tyler » Tue May 17, 2022 8:16 pm

But like, the one time my doctor thought I had it, like, it was either early this year or late last year, I got 13 days off work, ten of them being paid. I was already fully vaccinated and like, I tested negative twice, but company policy still said I had to take time off. It was amazing. First three or four days I was super tired and felt like I got hit by a bullet train, but after that, it was a lovely vacation.

I kind of want it to happen again, except the new company I work for is a healthcare company, and like, they test you on the spot. I can't be all "oh noezez me has teh COVID!" like I was at my previous employer. I've gone down and gotten tested, and they get their results back in like, half a minute. Every time I've gone down they tell me I'm negative, and I say aloud, "Oh thank god!" but in my mind I'm screaming "damn it all to hell!"

I just want time off work. Ugh
Email me if you want some desserts

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I've never had COVID as far as I know

Postby 2ost » Thu May 19, 2022 8:21 am

Can feel that. At the time, of the beginning of COVID-19, everybody around me seemed to have to "endure" a lockdown, with no work, etc. I, on the other hand, was one of the "lucky" few, who had to go on with their working. Every time, I got tested, I hoped it'll be negative, of course. But a tiny bit always theorized, how it'll be, to have the time off (and an excellent excuse to see nobody as well).
2ost
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Snaga » Thu May 26, 2022 5:46 pm

You don't want it.

It wasn't the influenza-imitation of the first few days. It was the painful sensitivity to touch that clothes even hurt. And it was the mental state for around two weeks that kept me in a haze of disordered, strange thinking.

And then there was no- not loss of taste- intensified sense of taste, to the point all but unflavored noodles was simply unbearable. And then later a strange insensitivity to certain tastes.

And the coughing. Which lasted far beyond the point at which I was 'well'.

Oh it's not the end of the world but it's a weird weird miserable illness. At least, my variant was. Your mileage may vary.
Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Oblivion » Thu May 26, 2022 7:14 pm

OCD prepared me for Covid because I've been a germaphobe for decades. Unfortunately it also made the first half of 2020 nerve wracking. I don't want to get some new disease the medical community has no long-term experience with. The stories of weird, lingering effects and "long Covid" are scary.

I rarely get sick anyway. I think I remember having a mild cold in 2010 or something. Nevertheless, I still wear my mask everywhere.

I do have a raging case of Monkeypox, though.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Snaga » Fri May 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Yeah time for something new.
Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Return to Just For Fun

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post