Our partner

Game shows!

Forget about mental illness for a while and just let loose in here.

Moderator: Tyler

Game shows!

Postby Tyler » Thu May 21, 2020 2:08 pm

I like the Price is Right and Jeopardy. I always like when a music category comes on Jeopardy, because that's one of the few times I know any answers. I like Family Feud, but it all depends on who's hosting it. The show has had so many hosts, and certain ones are unbearable.

I don't like Wheel of Fortune. I think it'd be very fun to compete in, but sitting down and watching is dull and boring. I don't understand the spectator appeal of it. I used to joke that Pat Sajak was the Antichrist because both the dogs in my house growing up always barked and growled when he came on. When it cut to the contestants or to anything else, they'd stop, but as soon as Pat's face came back on the screen, they'd go nuts.

Yes yes
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Game shows!

Postby Manners73 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:37 pm

I like general knowledge quiz shows but I wouldn't purposely watch them. There's usually one on when I get in from work and I sit there for ten minutes shouting wrong answers at the TV.

I can never understand how people can sit and watch re runs of game shows.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Game shows!

Postby Oblivion » Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 pm

There's one game show I used to hate, I think it's Family Feud, where at the end of each round, all the answers are displayed on the board and the entire audience reads them out loud. I can read just fine. I don't need a bunch of mouth breathers to tell me what they say.

Also, can someone please explain to me why, on Jeopardy, all answers must be phrased in the form of a question? Is it so that, when the contestant's answer, we are reminded that they are answering a question rather than just spouting off random words?

I don't like Jeopardy. It's good to garner knowledge, but it moves too slow. The contestants are drab and uninteresting. People rarely get embarrassed. And why is it called Jeopardy? No one is ever in any real danger. Put the contestants in a pen with a bunch of hungry crocodiles and have them answer questions...that would be jeopardy.

And getting back to Family Feud: I see no feuding there. I say nix the questions and restructure the game so for each round, the audience gets to choose from a variety of weapons, assign them to each family member, then drop the families into an arena and have them fight to the death. I'd watch that.

Don't even get me started on The Price is Right. The price is never right. Who cares how much a hair dryer costs? They should ask the price of things like complicated medical procedures, or how much some homeless 24 year old still owes on their student loan.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Just For Fun

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post